Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Garmin watch - £129, good deal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,560 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I have that watch and find it very good. Use it for tracking runs, walks, hiking etc. Also use it for golf. Very good activity tracker with the Garmin Connect app. Battery lasts about 10 days when not using GPS. Lots of different straps and watch faces available.

You can't store music on that version though and when sending messages/emails you can only send pre installed phrases.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Matt Bianco

I’m not too familiar with garmin watches and smart watches in general. Saw this when looking to buy someone a present. Looking at other sites this seems to be a fairly good price. Thinking of getting it, unless someone can tell me otfherwise if a better watch and or offer because only really looking for one that tracks runs without using a phone and heart rate

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Vivoactive-Smartwatch-Built-Sports/dp/B0751GBCKN/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=garmin+vivoactive+3&qid=1575378879&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sprefix=garmin+&sr=8-3

I have had the watch since summer and it is excellent - got it reduced in sale with further discount due to Cycling Ireland membership and paid around €180 so genuine bargain at that price

I’m not too familiar with garmin watches and smart watches in general. Saw this when looking to buy someone a present. Looking at other sites this seems to be a fairly good price. Thinking of getting it, unless someone can tell me otfherwise if a better watch and or offer because only really looking for one that tracks runs without using a phone and heart rate

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Vivoactive-Smartwatch-Built-Sports/dp/B0751GBCKN/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=garmin+vivoactive+3&qid=1575378879&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sprefix=garmin+&sr=8-3

It's a decent watch for tracking runs etc. Only two negatives are the screen is very unimpressive compared to a proper smart watch, and it has no onboard storage for putting music, so you're unable to go for a run with BT headphones and have your music playing from the watch.

Worth it for £129, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Macer123

I find the watch face a little small for my liking, but that's a personal thing.
    Great link up with the App.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭duffmagic

Great watch series. I had the 2, aka VAHR. I since moved to Suunto and found I missed the barometer and disliked the notifications. Then onto Samsung Galaxy in the last week which has a barometer but is less reliable (until I figure it out) for recording activities.

If you're on the fence between smartwatch with fitness features and this, a fitness watch with smart features, I recommend this. It's bulletproof for recording runs/cycles/etc and the notifications and daily tracking are solid too. It also has a rare barometer inside which leads to more accurate elevation profiles than GPS-based elevation. Smart watches disconnect a lot (i've had a good few) and often have needless connectivity dependencies. Apple watch may be a worthy competitor to these true fitness watches but I'm not on iOS so not an option for me.

PS - I miss my Pebble. I'd love a mashup between Garmin and Pebble.

• Advertisement
Advertisement