Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-07-2019, 11:59   #1
deaglan1

ALDI Vegan Sausage rolls

New offering from ALDI. You will find them in the freezer compartment. Four large rolls per box for €1.79 I think. Very nice imo and inexpensive.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
29-07-2019, 20:31   #2
Jjjjjjjjbarry

The Mae's Kitchen ones? Yeah they are nice and good value. Kind of a herby taste. There's a new Mae's Kitchen range of 'No Beef' and 'No Chicken' burgers too but only saw them in one of the two Aldi's I visit and they sold and out and not replaced since. They were great so watch out for them!
Thanks from:
30-07-2019, 10:34   #3
JustMe,K

Agree, they are quite nice although I did one in the airfyer the other day and it became a sausage pillow!

Havent seen the No Beef or No Chicken burgers, but might give them a go if I do as I love the quorn hot & spicy burgers
Thanks from:
30-07-2019, 11:59   #4
deaglan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjjjjjjjbarry View Post
The Mae's Kitchen ones? Yeah they are nice and good value. Kind of a herby taste. There's a new Mae's Kitchen range of 'No Beef' and 'No Chicken' burgers too but only saw them in one of the two Aldi's I visit and they sold and out and not replaced since. They were great so watch out for them!
Yep, there the ones, Mae's Kitchen. I hope they are supported and not a trial-and- gone in a month item.
30-07-2019, 12:29   #5
eviltwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjjjjjjjbarry View Post
I've tried the beef ones, they are very similar to the No Bull burger Iceland do. It seems to be an issue with stock in a lot of stores, quite a few people I know are unable to get them
Advertisement
05-08-2019, 09:09   #6
Worztron

Thanks, deaglan1. I gotta try these. 🍽
05-08-2019, 11:00   #7

They're not bad (the Aldi sausage rolls that is) but they take a while in the oven.
Thanks from:
05-08-2019, 12:14   #8
Worztron

Are they akin to Linda McCartney's Sausage Rolls?
05-08-2019, 12:27   #9
Jjjjjjjjbarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worztron View Post
Are they akin to Linda McCartney's Sausage Rolls?
No they Linda ones are nicer IMO. The Aldi ones are a lot bigger and have a more herby taste. They are still very nice once you don't compare them to the Linda Mc ones. I wasn't gone on my first lot for that reason but went back and enjoy them now.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-08-2019, 15:13   #10
realmoonunit

on a side note, man the no beef and no chicken burgers sell out like crazy! Demand certainly is increasing.
15-08-2019, 11:23   #11
JustMe,K

Apparently all of these are only seasonal and are being discontinued at the end of the month - I may stock up on the sausage rolls!
15-08-2019, 12:11   #12
realmoonunit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe,K View Post
Apparently all of these are only seasonal and are being discontinued at the end of the month - I may stock up on the sausage rolls!
well balls to that!
Thanks from:
18-08-2019, 21:15   #13
ednwireland

Quote:
seasonal veganism hmmmmm
19-08-2019, 12:00   #14
Jjjjjjjjbarry

I'd be confident they will make them permanent once they see the demand is there. Veganism isn't going away.
It's only a matter of time before Aldi have a vegan pizza surely?
19-08-2019, 13:32   #15
pheasant tail

Quote:
Ah, if the demand is there then I think they will keep them on off course. That was the story with the vegan sausage rolls in Applegreen and now they are keeping them on and also since introduced their own vegan wraps!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion