Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anybody noticed a dramatic increase in burglaries in your area??

• 01-06-2015 11:37am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2

Out having a few drinks with mates last night and we got talking on the subject or burglaries/house break-ins, there was 5 of us there and I have to say that 3 of us were victims of burglaries in the past 5 years which surprised me. We all live within a 10mile radius of each other I just find it strange the marked increase in burglaries in my area over the past 5 years. I live in the midlands and the town I am from was a quite little quaint town but the council has moved in a few undesirables into the area and needless to say the locals aren't happy.. It is these undesirables that are getting the blame for everything that goes wrong, is it locals afraid of change or is there some truth in it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Laoislion8383

Ok when you say undesirable what do you mean?? What part of the Midlands you from? I was never aware of a quaint town ever in the Midlands :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Only since I moved in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Mickdundee2121

Ok when you say undesirable what do you mean?? What part of the Midlands you from? I was never aware of a quaint town ever in the Midlands :)

From county offaly plenty of quaint towns here, undesirables tbh with you I mean travellers I am not being racist or picking on a minority group but the truth is that the numbers of travellers moving into my town has increased 10 fold, we have always had our own local traveller familes and they are the nicest people I know went to school with some of them, worked with some of them they are really salt of the earth people? But the new familes that have moved in are different they are nasty always begging and intimating people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I'd be asking questions of the two that haven't been burgled. Very suspicious.

There you go, the world and his mother knows the crime and travellers go hand in hand, don't mind what all the do gooders and PC police say the face is in Ireland the vast majority of travellers are involved in some form of crime to top up
    their social welfare payments that they have being getting since they were 18. They feel that the country owes them something like its our fault they never went to school can't read or write like its our fault no employer with half a brain would hire them. I am not surprised one bit that cases of house break-ins has gone up in your area not one bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭MathDebater

The lads in the town these 'undesirables' moved in from were people discussing how quiet the place has gotten recently. Invest in a pooch, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

I'm not trying to discount your experience here, but I moved to Ireland around 1999 and people have been talking about Burglaries being on the rise since then. If it had actually risen as much as people talking about it had, every house in ireland would be burgled 2 or 3 times a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

I live outside another quaint (never mind what Laois says) village in Kildare. I was burgled twice. The cops reckon it was a traveling gang on both occasions that had been spotted in the area. No proof. Unless you catch these scumbags in the act or in possession of the goods, nothing can be done. Gold and cash is the name of the game. Some of them have prepaid envelopes with the name of a 'cash for gold' scumbag company on it. Pop the jewelery into the envelope, drop it in the nearest postbox and relax.

galljga1 wrote: »
    I live outside another quaint (never mind what Laois says) village in Kildare. I was burgled twice. The cops reckon it was a traveling gang on both occasions that had been spotted in the area. No proof. Unless you catch these scumbags in the act or in possession of the goods, nothing can be done. Gold and cash is the name of the game. Some of them have prepaid envelopes with the name of a 'cash for gold' scumbag company on it. Pop the jewelery into the envelope, drop it in the nearest postbox and relax.

Gold and cash, it's copper those lads love, it's about the only two words they can spell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I live in a sizeable enough town in the Midlands and burglary has gone through the roof in recent years. There's always people in my house so we've been unaffected so far but our elderly next door neighbour went to the hospital for two hours and when he came back the house had been ransacked. At the time I figured they knew he would be gone and that's pretty much been confirmed since. A junkie has been found to be telling these scumbags when and where there's a house to rob. The Gardaí confirmed this and the fact that they travel around the country doing this. They do a lot of travelling apparently. A lot of people have had enough of this. When one of these bastards are caught by the wrong (or right, depending on how you look at it) person, someone's gonna do time...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

The area I live in is virtually crime free, no handy escape routes.

All those fancy motorways ye got in the Midlands come at a price.

GerB40 wrote: »
    I live in a sizeable enough town in the Midlands and burglary has gone through the roof in recent years. There's always people in my house so we've been unaffected so far but our elderly next door neighbour went to the hospital for two hours and when he came back the house had been ransacked. At the time I figured they knew he would be gone and that's pretty much been confirmed since. A junkie has been found to be telling these scumbags when and where there's a house to rob. The Gardaí confirmed this and the fact that they travel around the country doing this. They do a lot of travelling apparently. A lot of people have had enough of this. When one of these bastards are caught by the wrong (or right, depending on how you look at it) person, someone's gonna do time...

Of course people are sick of it, and if these burglars that travel are caught all they get is 18 months max back out and up to their old tricks again. But because of their backgrounds and upbringing we are supposed to bend Over backwards for the cnuts. If I ever catch anyone in my house robbing I will be shooting first then asking questions later just like Mr Nally did

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Of course people are sick of it, and if these burglars that travel are caught all they get is 18 months max back out and up to their old tricks again. But because of their backgrounds and upbringing we are supposed to bend Over backwards for the cnuts. If I ever catch anyone in my house robbing I will be shooting first then asking questions later just like Mr Nally did

I doubt many tears would be shed.

Advertisement