Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever beaten the sh1te out of somebody.

• 30-05-2015 7:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭

Straighten somebody out as my Dad would say. At around 15 I turned on my mother, she beat myself and brother like pet dogs for years.

I got into throwing hands in college where I would go loco and kick the ****e out of some ****. However it would always be with a group though, The rare times The red mist descended and exploded and I acted alone I would always feel genuine guilt afterwards.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Not until now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,724 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Never been in a fight in my life, never thrown a punch in anger,
    I'm 33

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Straighten somebody out as my Dad would say. At around 15 I turned on my mother, she beat myself and brother like pet dogs for years.

I got into throwing hands in college where I would go loco and kick the ****e out of some ****. However it would always be with a group though, The rare times The red mist descended and exploded and I acted alone I would always feel genuine guilt afterwards.

What I get from this is that it is ok to beat the crap out of someone in a group but not on your own, unless it is your mother.
    Am I reading this right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Nope.

I've hit people in defence, that's about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Yes.

E Honda on street fighter two.

He was giving it socks with his torpedoes dives and hundred hand slaps, but I was 'sadouken'! Him all over the shop. Even got a 'perfect' :) happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I've only really punched one person. Mother's boyfriend at the time. He was a proper sociopath. Said something about my father so I punched him in the head a hard as I could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Why would anyone beat a pet dog?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,646 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

What the hell does this bit mean? :confused:

Once chased 2 las through Temple bar after one spat in my face, caught them near Dorans and made ****e of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭MathDebater

Poor fcuker having to go through that. I will say this. You experienced violence and disliked it. So don't introduce it to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Why would anyone beat a pet dog?

We were treated like dogs, anytime the bitch didn't have her meds she'd give us a good trashing. For a simple thing like not having your bed made or not taking your plate up from the table. Belt strap to the arse, slamming doors in your face, General intimidation. A violent bitch who myself and bro deeply feared.

• Advertisement

We were treated like dogs, anytime the bitch didn't have her meds she'd give us a good trashing. For a simple thing like not having your bed made or not taking your plate up from the table. Belt strap to the arse, slamming doors in your face, General intimidation. A violent bitch who myself and bro deeply feared.

Obviously your mother was half mad(come to think of it,typing that sentence is a first for me) Anyway you have two choices. Dwell on it and use her as an excuse for all your behaviour or ,Man up, put it behind you and behave like a real man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Yes for deep-seated Emotionally/psychological harm/abuse man up... :rolleyes:

Yes for deep-seated Emotionally/psychological harm/abuse man up... :rolleyes:

And what would you recommend? Spend years(plus a small fortune) talking things through with a 'professional'? Very few people that I know were born with a silver spoon in their mouth but a lot of people that I know drift through life blaming everyone and anyone for all their woes. Unless this guy is a head case like his mother then he has no excuse for acting like a thug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

And what would you recommend? Spend years(plus a small fortune) talking things through with a 'professional'? Very few people that I know were born with a silver spoon in their mouth but a lot of people that I know drift through life blaming everyone and anyone for all their woes. Unless this guy is a head case like his mother then he has no excuse for acting like a thug.

I was not talking about the violence I was talking about the suggestion of just "Man Up" As a sufferer of chronic Depression it kind of greats the grain when I hear stuff like that. I am not suggesting violence as an outlet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

In a lot of fights in my teens. I would say at least 20 fights but have not been in one since I was about 21. Since the kids came a long I actively avoid confrontation with people.

Your ma sounds like a hateful cnut. She sounds mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Laoislion8383

I thankfully didn't have an upbringing like that, but was brought up on a pretty rough council estate, I feel I learned far more about life going up like that than I ever did in school or college, in my opinion I learned how to be fair treat people with respect and I also learned if they don't treat u with respect then it's time for a few slaps, had a few fights in my time never started any of them, got attacked by a bunch of scummys one day walking home from work they gave me a good pasting for nothing literally nothing, but I got each of them on there own over time and they got equally as good of a pasting back, there are just some people out there and all they understand is a good beating talking to this people does not work simple as that

Your ma sounds like a hateful cnut. She sounds mean.

A damaged woman who had no business having children, I feel more sorry for my father hooking up with her and getting tied down. He's a lovely man.

A damaged woman who had no business having children, I feel more sorry for my father hooking up with her and getting tied down. He's a lovely man.

Where is she now? Would you or your brother have much to do with her at all??

Where is she now? Would you or your brother have much to do with her at all??

Herself and my Dad are still living together. I don't have much to do with her at all, she's a pillhead, and will go through stages where she takes her sleepers in bulk and zonks about the household. She never worked a job in her life, my dad takes care of her. I work with my Dad and my brother works further a field, my contact with her is minimal, the only time I see her is when I bring my son around.

• Advertisement

He sounds it. I'm very sorry to hear about your mom.

Herself and my Dad are still living together. I don't have much to do with her at all, she's a pillhead, and will go through stages where she takes her sleepers in bulk and zonks about the household. She never worked a job in her life, my dad takes care of her. I work with my Dad and my brother works further a field, my contact with her is minimal, the only time I see her is when I bring my son around.

How is she with your son? Would she treat him ok?

You dad sounds like a top bloke

How is she with your son? Would she treat him ok?

You dad sounds like a top bloke

She loves him and I know that. She's always acted that way towards him.

She loves him and I know that. She's always acted that way towards him.

Fair enough, fair play to you for letting her even see him, after a childhood like she gave you I doubt I would have anything to do with her.

I was not talking about the violence I was talking about the suggestion of just "Man Up" As a sufferer of chronic Depression it kind of greats the grain when I hear stuff like that. I am not suggesting violence as an outlet.

What do you suggest he does? My choice of words 'man up' might not be the best but whether you want to call it 'shape up' 'straighten yourself up' or whatever, you get the gist of it. We get one shot at life and nobody but nobody can live your life for you and if I decide to go out tonight and clock someone or if I decide to take to the bed for three days then those are my choices . There may be underlying causes for me doing that but ultimately I am responsible for my own actions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Yes regularly. I furiously beat my meat on a daily basis. I've even known to choke a chicken or two.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

Was bullied in my youth and had the fear, then once got into an argument with a bloke from work I was on the piss with and beat seven shades of ****e out of him after he had the first 2 punches.

One time I tackled a gang of 3 travelers on a packed bus that were being verbally and physically racially abusive.

Eek.

"I beat the snot out of my mum, I've beaten people with groups, I've beaten people on my own...but I regretted beating people on my own..."

There's a lot if issues in the OP. Never beat anyone, never crossed my mind and never felt any need to raise my fists, and just don't get beating up a woman whether it be a mum, wife, whatever.

But do admire your honesty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Never been in a fight in my life, never thrown a punch in anger,
    I'm 33

When did you throw one in happiness? When does anyone??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I've been in plenty of fights/had the **** kicked out of me when I was a kid more times than I can count. Only difference is I lost all my fights :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Na, never had to, hope I never do.

Just remember never have and never will are two very different things.

Was bullied in my youth and had the fear, then once got into an argument with a bloke from work I was on the piss with and beat seven shades of ****e out of him after he had the first 2 punches.

One time I tackled a gang of 3 travelers on a packed bus that were being verbally and physically racially abusive.

Dead right can't be letting people away with sh1t def can't be letting travellers away with anything, nothing as satasfying as beating a traveller, caught two of them robbing turf out of my shed on night about 3 yrs ago I mean I gave these two a fair beating with a hurl, one of them asked me for a cigg the next day... No brain

Dead right can't be letting people away with sh1t def can't be letting travellers away with anything, nothing as satasfying as beating a traveller, caught two of them robbing turf out of my shed on night about 3 yrs ago I mean I gave these two a fair beating with a hurl, one of them asked me for a cigg the next day... No brain

Is it even more satisfying than beating your mum?

Surely not.

If I felt the need to beat someone with a hurley over turf, I'd analyse my relationship with turf rather than extoll how satisfying it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I've beaten and been beaten. After you've taken a few thumps and got a few cuts & bruises and realised that you're not made of glass, and you will heal, you lose all fear.

Remember kids, always stand & fight your ground. Then if you still think you're gonna lose, turn on your heel and run!

Is it even more satisfying than beating your mum?

Surely not.

If I felt the need to beat someone with a hurley over turf, I'd analyse my relationship with turf rather than extoll how satisfying it was.

Turf is everything in the Midlands, it's not the turf really it's the fact the two cnuts thought they could help themselves to my property that pissed me off, hence the hurl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Turf is everything in the Midlands, it's not the turf really it's the fact the two cnuts thought they could help themselves to my property that pissed me off, hence the hurl

The way of the bog. Black gold. If somebody tried to steal my tuft it'd end badly. Especially travellers. Maybe they weren't stealing your turf, maybe they were just calling around to see if you wanted any jobs done......oh wait.... They don't work....... That's how they can afford 151 hilux jeeps and 151 vans. Life is fair.
    Rant over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,693 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Was an amateur boxer for a while so was involved in punching and getting punched quite a bit, obviously. Boxing (amateur especially) never really allows for somebody to have the sh!te beaten out of them though.

Nothing major apart from that.

Your ma is yisser ma. Your father is your pops. They deserve better treatment

Your ma is yisser ma. Your father is your pops. They deserve better treatment

A dose of reality in this "I beat up people with a gang of others, I beat up my mum, I particularly love to beat up people from one section of society using a weapon" madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

I got into one fight in school. One where every kid swarms around shouting "fight". Didn't end well for me. You shudda seen the other guy though. He was ok. Unhurt.

After that I didn't fight again. My 100% reputation of 0-1 scared people off I think.

• Advertisement

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    The way of the bog. Black gold. If somebody tried to steal my tuft it'd end badly. Especially travellers. Maybe they weren't stealing your turf, maybe they were just calling around to see if you wanted any jobs done......oh wait.... They don't work....... That's how they can afford 151 hilux jeeps and 151 vans. Life is fair.
    Rant over

Not only were they stealing the truf the dirty cnuts were using my bags to rob it they didn't even have their own bags, without a doubt the hurl was called for :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

A dose of reality in this "I beat up people with a gang of others, I beat up my mum, I particularly love to beat up people from one section of society using a weapon" madness.
    You beat up an individual when you're in a gang, tough man

Your a hard man, beating up people while part of a gang, and women too real hard nut you.... Tosser

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

There is something to be said for finding out that you are not much good at fighting.

I would still put up a fight if forced (by a bully or some situations in life)

When you learn that you are not a great fighter then it gives one a different perspective.

He didn't mean that. Read his post again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

I was sitting in a nightclub with my friends. One of the girls was after going through a really shítty time and we were deep in conversation. This group of young fellas came over and started asking us all for hugs. One of them was extremely sweaty, sweat dripping down his face off his chin, really disgusting. We told them to leave us alone and they all left. About 10 minutes later I saw someone out of the corner of my eye moving towards us really fast, next thing I know the really sweaty guy was rubbing his hands all over my face, my neck and chest, he was absolutely soaked in sweat. I could barely see because he was after rubbing my make up into my eyes so I just started swinging blindly, managed to connect with his jaw/ear and knocked him down. The bouncers came over and fúcked him and the group he was with out.

Another night I was out with my sister. The place we were in was packed and we were leaving. Just as we were getting near the door this guy grabbed my sister and started grinding himself up against her bum. She was screaming at him to let her go and he wouldn't so I jammed my hand into his throat and pushed him away. He started to come at me then and 2 of his friends actually had to hold him back.

I wouldn't say I've ever beaten the shíte out of anybody but sometimes you have to defend yourself or someone you're with. I wouldn't consider myself a violent person at all and have only ever hit back at someone in self defence.
    The demon drink seems to turn people crazy, at least I hope people, like the ones I mentioned above, don't act like that when they're sober.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I think Conor's posts have been misinterpreted

Your a hard man, beating up people while part of a gang, and women too real hard nut you.... Tosser
    Sam Kade wrote: »
    You beat up an individual when you're in a gang, tough man

Mother of Jesus!

Two posters confirming what I kinda think about people who resort to violence. Lads, I was parodying other posts, read the OP again...

Penny dropped yet?

Do ye wear string vests and read the Sun! Ah go on, confirm the stereotype, pleeeeease.

Collie D wrote: »
    I think Conor's posts have been misinterpreted

Don't push them.

One of them will take his hurley to the www.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Yes, but only in competition when I was a much younger man...

Then one day I met a fella in the ring from Newry, next thing all I remember is lying on my back looking at lights going, 'what the fúck just happened?' :eek: :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement