Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you have sex with a transexual?

Options
  • 02-06-2015 4:18am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭

Some of the conflict in the thread about Jenner made me curious on people's positions on whether or not they'd have sex with a transexual, mostly because it'd be interesting to see how hypocritical some people who claim they fully support and are okay with people like Jenner.

I wouldn't.

Edit: forgot to add a poll. Is there a way to edit one in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

I'd try and be up front

But would end up being anal about it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

I'm not completely familiar, do they have a penis or a vagina? If they've got a vagina, whether or not it's been acquired through surgery I think I could get past it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I wouldn't really consider it hypocritical if someone says they're okay with someone being trans yet wouldn't sleep with them, that's kind of like saying all the straight people who support same sex marriage are hypocrites because they wouldn't sleep with someone of the same gender! :pac:

You can fully support and be okay with something without having to be actively interested in it. I fully support straight people's rights to get married, but that doesn't mean I'd sleep with a man! :P

As for the question though, I'd like to think I would be open minded enough to be with a trans person if it was someone who I found attractive and had a connection with! The person they used to be wouldn't play a role in my mind it would be all about what they identify as now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

Once they had a man made or natural vagina.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

I wouldn't really consider it hypocritical if someone says they're okay with someone being trans yet wouldn't sleep with them, that's kind of like saying all the straight people who support same sex marriage are hypocrites because they wouldn't sleep with someone of the same gender! :pac:

You can fully support and be okay with something without having to be actively interested in it. I fully support straight people's rights to get married, but that doesn't mean I'd sleep with a man! :P

As for the question though, I'd like to think I would be open minded enough to be with a trans person if it was someone who I found attractive and had a connection with! The person they used to be wouldn't play a role in my mind it would be all about what they identify as now!

I know, I mean more in the sense of along the lines of considering them 'complete' male/females after their operations etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I know, I mean more in the sense of along the lines of considering them 'complete' male/females after their operations etc.

Once all the right bits are in all the right places it wouldn't matter to me whether they got there naturally or through other means!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭themissymoo

One night stand, sure. Doesn't matter what they've got down there.

For a long-term relationship, I don't know for if it's before they've had the operation. To be honest, I don't think I could (I want to have my children with the father of my child, although I completely understand that this may not happen for so many reasons). If they haven't, then definitely no.

I remember hearing about a couple where both were transgender, meaning they got to have their own biological children between them. I thought it was nice. Not relevant here, but a nice story none-the-less.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Not even if they were from Transilvania :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Some of the conflict in the thread about Jenner made me curious on people's positions on whether or not they'd have sex with a transexual, mostly because it'd be interesting to see how hypocritical some people who claim they fully support and are okay with people like Jenner.

I wouldn't.

Edit: forgot to add a poll. Is there a way to edit one in?

"People like Jenner"... jesus if she didn't feel like a freak before her surgery... honestly? :pac:

I don't think it'd be hypocritical to support someone while at the same time saying you have no interest in them sexually like that's all they are as a person - sex, something for the weekend.

I wouldn't be interested in having sex with someone because they're transgender, and I don't think I'd want to have sex with them knowing they are transgender either. It's not so much got to do with what's between their thighs, but what's between their ears, and I just don't think we would be sexually compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

Nope, just couldn't. It's probably un pc of me but no. I have no problem with their right to be transgender but for me, its a no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

Nope. I like my women to have naturally occurring oestrogen! ;)

They are not biologically women. They're trans women, which for me puts them (at best) in a category separate from both bio males and females.

I have no issue with their personal decision to live as a trans woman.

But for me to be attracted to them physically, that would require me to be something other than hetro, which I'm not! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Nah, it would be a fairly gigantic sexual turn off for me to know they used to have a cock and balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

it'd be interesting to see how hypocritical some people who claim they fully support and are okay with people like Jenner.

I fully support gay people but I wouldn't have sex with them either (since I'm straight)

Why do you think if you are unwilling to have sex with a group you support you are a hypocrite?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Thread is just turning into an excuse to bash transgender folk, we don't want that here.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement