Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How dangerous is Temple Bar?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

16 is a grand age, get searched going into most concerts for drink and won't get served drink at the concert without ID and probably won't get in anywhere to get drink after the concert unless you are planning on sneaking drink and sitting on a footpath somewhere so as long as your sober and have your wits about you , be grand! If it was a 16 year old planning on getting intoxicated then going to stay in a hostel alone I would feel differently.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

A 16 year old is absolutely not a child. Don't be so patronising.

Erm... yes, they they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Erm... yes, they they are.
    A 9 year old is a child. A 16 year old is a teenager who is nearly an adult.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

A 9 year old is a child. A 16 year old is a teenager who is nearly an adult.

'Nearly' being the key word there.

'Nearly' being the key word there.
    A 16 year old who can't manage themselves in Dublin for one night is not exactly competent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

I get really weird energy vibes from that place on sat nights etc. I would still go occasionally. But still

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just carry a knife. Dubs love carrying knives.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

At 16 we were regularly hopping on trains to go to the far ends of the country camping on the edges of random villages - much stranger places than Temple Bar!!

I'm now feeling very old as that would have been exactly 16 years ago. . . :(

You'll be fine OP, just don't be falling around drunk and you may even enjoy yourself!

theteal wrote: »
    At 16 we were regularly hopping on trains to go to the far ends of the country camping on the edges of random villages - much stranger places than Temple Bar!!

I'm now feeling very old as that would have been exactly 16 years ago. . . :(

You'll be fine OP, just don't be falling around drunk and you may even enjoy yourself!
    Aged 12 I was wandering the streets of London alone and I was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Aged 12 I was wandering the streets of London alone and I was fine.

• Advertisement

Temple bar is fine. Most of the hostels are decent, stay in a single sex dorm, be grand.

A sex dorm? Surely staying in multiple ones rather than just one would be more fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Temple Bar is grand. The only ones that will be robbing you are the pubs, but you're 16 so that won't be a problem. I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

biko wrote: »
    Just carry a knife. Dubs love carrying knives.

nah limerick people love carrying knives

dubs prefer syringes

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

If you want to see english yobbos in action go down to temple bar any weekend

they really get my back up the way they carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I have never found temple bar dangerous ,
    but i heard storys on the radio , of tourists or drunk people getting mugged by drug addicts who hang around the area .
    but i,m male 6ft ,so that may make a difference .
    Just keep your phone and wallet separate ,
    in inside pockets ,
    well hidden from pickpockets .
    And stay sober.
    if you have an expensive phone, don,t use it on the street .
    use it in a shop or a pub.
    people just run up grab your phone and run away .
    This can happen anywhere in the city centre .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

A 16 year old is absolutely not a child. Don't be so patronising.

Not according to the Children Act 2001

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2001/en/act/pub/0024/sec0003.html#parti-sec3

Personally think a 16 year old that's copped on will have no issues. Avoid phone / purse / wallet being in display and be aware of your surroundings. Maybe keep a few quid separate in case the worst happens and you have money for bus / train / taxi

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

My daughter and her friend were staying in Temple Bar on holidays. When she rang he to check in, I could her them being attacked and kidnapped.
    I got the bus into town and found out that they had been kidnapped by Armenian human traffickers.
    I eventually found the Armenians and killed them all but not before I repeated some choice Armenian phrases which they appreciated.
    I went to a place where you can buy trafficked women and killed loads of people before hopping onto a boat on the Liffey and killing a load of security guards and boss hogg.
    I found my daughter in skimpy underwear. The tramp.
    So yeah, stay away from Temple Bar and any Armenian beggars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭LDN_Irish

Feckin Armenians. They invented the Kardashians!

P.S Hi Trent!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

circadian wrote: »
    Don't wear heels, the cobblestones would be a nightmare.
    Doesnt stop nuns cycling down them.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

riclad wrote: »
    but i heard storys on the radio , of tourists or drunk people getting mugged by drug addicts who hang around the area .
    in inside pockets ,
    And stay sober.
    If you are ALONE either male or female it's dangerous. In a group (a sensible group less so).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

If you are ALONE either male or female it's dangerous. In a group (a sensible group less so).
    Why, in what way is it dangerous ? I've never been but was planning on going soon. With the amount of tourists I always thought it would be less dangerous than other CC kips like Talbot st, Abbey st, O Connell st etc.

At the very least there will be more people around Temple Bar. Alot of other areas are dead at night time which is a bit more unnerving when you run into scumbags.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

galljga1 wrote: »
    16 is way too young to be staying in a hostel on your own. It was ok when I was 16 traipsing around the country but now that I am 48, 16 is too young.
    Enjoy yourself.

16 is fine. I went on my own to New York and had a job and a flat in Queens when I was 17. The seediness, the noise, the black and Puerto Rican women. I grew up fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

riclad wrote: »
    in inside pockets ,
    And stay sober.

Turn off your radio and you'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

What the hell is a 16 year old child doing staying at a hostel? I

To cause 'outrage' in AH?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Depending on the gig you may not be allowed in to the venue at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

I'm staying in a youth hostel for a concert in June next month by myself thats across from Temple Bar and I'm 16. Is Temple bar that dangerous??

Jusy have your vibrator with you and have it set to stun

Advertisement