Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where is this number from

• 01-06-2015 4:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭

how do you find out roughly wherabouts a landline call is form
    dublin number 01-400

got missed calls and trying to figure out whereabouts it is from

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,491 ✭✭✭✭Victor

All that can be told about that number is that it is a modern Dublin number, possibly southside, probably a business. The 400-series doesn't seem to be geographically contiguous.

Put the full number into a google search like this.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=phone+%2B353+1+400&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=pd5rVaqnHOWY7gayjoDYCA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

You could try googling the whole number. I do that sometimes. You can also try dropping the last few digits and replacing with zeros if the number is mapped to an internal extension. I found 3 numbers online starting with those digits. Dublin 18, Dublin 12 and Dublin 2. I don't think the 400 is geographical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,007 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

... or you could just forget about it. If they really want to chat to you, they'll call again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

NIMAN wrote: »
    ... or you could just forget about it. If they really want to chat to you, they'll call again.

Agreed. Or even take the radical step of calling them back to see who it is.

What is this fear of answering or calling an unknown number all about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭looksee

If its a business there is not a lot of point - 'I just missed a call from you?' 'Do you know the extension number' 'No, I just have this number' etc.

Or if it is spam you don't want to get involved.

I find googling the number the most useful solution. Or just leaving it to see do they call back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

looksee wrote: »
    If its a business there is not a lot of point - 'I just missed a call from you?' 'Do you know the extension number' 'No, I just have this number' etc.

Or if it is spam you don't want to get involved.

I find googling the number the most useful solution. Or just leaving it to see do they call back.
    There are some scams where the number looks like it's Irish at first glance but in fact you are calling back a premium long distance number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Agreed. Or even take the radical step of calling them back to see who it is.

What is this fear of answering or calling an unknown number all about?

Well, one reason is that it could be a premium number charging 50 euro or more per minute or part thereof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Or even take the radical step of calling them back to see who it is.

LOL, you must be new to the internet and/or well publicised scams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

LOL, you must be new to the internet and/or well publicised scams.

Not at all but I am amazed at the fear people have in calling back a number they missed a call from. Having taken to this telephone invention many decades ago, I have never had a problem as a result of dialing a number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

When I get a call that I didn't want or that wouldn't leave a message, I put it in my contacts & then block further calls. They only bother me once :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Its Dublin southside,I'll ring the number for you if you like Op,its origin is starting to bug me too if I'm honest.

Advertisement