Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Query on Baby Dying in infancy

• 13-04-2011 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me were i can find information on a uncle of mine who died in the Coombe hospital,

As far as i know the baby died when it was born but i hav every little information seems nobody talks about it

Would the baby have been buried there?

Any help would be appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

If the baby was stillborn there should be a still birth recorded both with the hospital and with the register for births and deaths. As for where the baby would have been buried,
    glasnevin has an angel plot where a lot of infants from all the maternity hospitals were interned and you can check the records.

http://www.interment.net/data/ireland/dublin/glasnevin/glasnevin.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭faolteam

No luck there i got a email back from the hospital but i dont have exact dates and there saying i need exact info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Not really a Parenting forum thing. The guys and gals in Genealogy might be better informed for this kind of search.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

faolteam wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me were i can find information on a uncle of mine who died in the Coombe hospital,

As far as i know the baby died when it was born but i hav every little information seems nobody talks about it

Would the baby have been buried there?

Any help would be appreciated thanks

theres a very strong possibility that you wont find any record, my mum has a still born sister that we can find no record of the hospital are claiming they cant find the file, you could try searching on the glasnevin website by surname and rough dates to see if that throws up anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I'm not sure if from reading your post whether your Unclewas a Still Born or if he was alive at birth.

If he was alive at birth there should be a birth cert for him. Try contacting the birth, deaths and marriages section in Dublin.

My Uncle only lived eight minutes and my mother was able to get a birth cert for him. She wasn't sure of his date or year of birth but they were able to trace him. It meant alot to my Aunts and Uncles.

• Advertisement

its very Sketchy ,

i dont know if he was Still Born or if he was alive at birth.

i have been trying to find out when he was born but nobody seems to know, which doesnt help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

faolteam wrote: »
    its very Sketchy ,

i dont know if he was Still Born or if he was alive at birth.

i have been trying to find out when he was born but nobody seems to know, which doesnt help

Can you give us a broad timeframe: perhaps plus or minus 5 years?

i would think 1956 -5 +5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Go here: http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#start

You can leave first name blank (unless you have something to go on); enter the surname; from the drop-down event menu, select "Death/Burial"; enter 1956 as the year; be careful with the location field -- it has to be a fairly broad label, ideally a registration district, but you can try something like a county name, and be careful to confirm it on the drop-down menu that appears as you type. Then press the "Search" button.

You might get a handful of hits, or you might get hundreds, depending on how common the name is and how populous the location is. Check them, looking for cases where year of birth and year of death are the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

just remember that the online BMD Index only covers events up to 1958...

you can also try this more recent link : https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/show#uri=http://hr-search-api:8080/searchapi/search/collection/1408347

(this one works best with registration districts rather than counties - e.g. try Dublin South as location )

• Advertisement

Dear Keith

Your query was forwarded to me by Karen in the Patient Services Department.

Unfortunately, we need a more precise date to check our registration books for the birth of
    the baby. However, even if we were to locate the records, they would not necessarily have
    a record of burial details or a name, the records for the 1950's are held in registration books
    which generally contain only basic demographic information in relation to the mother.

The majority of babies who died here in the Coombe would have been buried in the Holy
    Angels in Glasnevin.

In relation to your query about looking at our records, this would not be possible under Data
    Protection Legislation.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful

Advertisement