Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Attack outside Rotunda

Options
  • 30-10-2015 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Poor chap with his expectant partner was attacked the other day outside Rotunda. Some guy ran past and slit his throat (expression - slashed at it with a blade anyway) - he made it as far as Temple Street hospital before collapsing, needed to be stabilised before being transferred to Mater.

Apparently it was pretty horrific - lots of blood.

I know attacks happen quite often, but this one struck me as being especially sickening seeing as he had just walked out of the Rotunda after an antenatal appointment with his pregnant partner and hadn't provoked anyone.

This next bit I can't confirm but apparently it's a reference to the Joker (Heath Ledger and Halloween. Look out for yourselves.

Edit - apparently there were gang links as per other poster. I'm only providing info from those who met him in TS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Was the scumbag that did this caught?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

If you look at the story you'll see it was a gang thing, not just a random attack. Obviously horrible for the partner and others around who saw it but if you mix with scum these things can happen

Just...Jesus.

Even amongst scumbags you'd think they'd leave someone walking into antenatal alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Poor chap with his expectant partner was attacked the other day outside Rotunda. Some guy ran past and slit his throat (expression - slashed at it with a blade anyway) - he made it as far as Temple Street hospital before collapsing, needed to be stabilised before being transferred to Mater.

Apparently it was pretty horrific - lots of blood.

I know attacks happen quite often, but this one struck me as being especially sickening seeing as he had just walked out of the Rotunda after an antenatal appointment with his pregnant partner and hadn't provoked anyone.

This next bit I can't confirm but apparently it's a reference to the Joker (Heath Ledger and Halloween. Look out for yourselves.

Source? Or was this something posted on Facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭laserlad2010

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

One of my best friends stabilised the guy.

• Advertisement

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

Lead story on Independent.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

Was the scumbag that did this caught?

at this point why bother

how many of our idiot hippy judges would even send him to prison

• Registered Users Posts: 16,438 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Scumbags refer to such a wound as a "stripe". Usually a crime committed by young criminals trying to prove themselves whilst sh1tting in their trousers hence the fact that they run past people and slash at them.
    All such skangers need to be euthanized.

Glazers Out!

Just...Jesus.

Even amongst scumbags you'd think they'd leave someone walking into antenatal alone.

Not spending much time around scumbags are you? Not a bad thing really.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The guy attacked was an associated of murdered RIRA leader Alan Ryan. Basically this is nothing more than part of a criminal turf war.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/tensions-high-following-attack-on-associate-of-slain-rira-boss-alan-ryan-in-which-he-was-stabbed-in-face-34156057.html

• Advertisement

gandalf wrote: »
    The guy attacked was an associated of murdered RIRA leader Alan Ryan. Basically this is nothing more than part of a criminal turf war.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/tensions-high-following-attack-on-associate-of-slain-rira-boss-alan-ryan-in-which-he-was-stabbed-in-face-34156057.html

Does happen to innocent people too sadly.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

nullzero wrote: »

But not in this case. I would hazard a guess that this was not a random attack at all.

I wonder why he went all the way up to Temple Street. Couldn't the staff in the Rotunda treat him?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

gandalf wrote: »
    But not in this case. I would hazard a guess that this was not a random attack at all.

The statement said; "The Real IRA have sworn to paint the streets red with the blood of the crime gang that attacked and nearly killed this well-known republican they have also sworn to flush out members of the so called New I.R.A that have been passing information onto this crime gang about republicans.

Bunch of thugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

nullzero wrote:

This was no random attack

This was no random attack

Yes but my statement doesn't infer that it was.

Glazers Out!

Advertisement