Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UK Airport Workers Strike on 23rd December for 48 Hours

• 16-12-2016 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,642 ✭✭✭✭

I hope none of you have made plans to visit family in the UK leading up to Xmas, I've booked a flight myself from Dublin to Edinburgh on the 23rd December so I could be rightly fcuked here. 18 UK airports with the total of 1,500 check-in staff, baggage handlers and cargo crew are taking part in the strike action. I hope there is a resolve before my travel plans kick in.

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-12-16/airport-workers-to-stage-48-hour-strike-from-december-23/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,642 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Thanks mods for thread title change. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Bah humbug the lot of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I'm supposed to be heading to the UK on the 23rd too. Will be so upset if I can't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,642 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm supposed to be heading to the UK on the 23rd too. Will be so upset if I can't.

Was talking to Ryanair on Facebook the carrier I'm booked with and they said their flights wouldn't be affected but that it might just be hand baggage, I've booked in a wheelie case for the weight of 15 kg, was hoping to bring back some good green absinthe at a much cheaper price in Scotland and a bottle of Laphroaig. I won't be able to do that with hand baggage, so I might try and claim back the baggage fee if the strike actually goes ahead.

Advertisement