Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One Day At A Whine (Sweet Jesus), Liveline, 10/05/19 and dat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Del.Monte wrote: »
    The irony of Americans giving out about Boris being unfit to be PM - people in glasshouses.....

She's hardly a Trump supporter now, Brits don't mind throwing stones in fairness...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Can definitely see Joe taking a wee dander up Dublin's main thoroughfare in the next half hour. Grafton street on Christmas Eve is probably as close as he ever gets to it.

I met one of those Zombie like junkie creatures last week just off Grafton Street, he stopped me looking for money for a cup of 'tea'

My heart went out to him, but I had no change left as I gave it to a toothless women on Camden Street. The rest of the change I had I lit candles in the church on Clarenden Street for my family. I tried to explain to him that I had nothing left only a train ticket home.....he seemed to understand.

The poor man was all twisted up and holding his leg like he was having a spasm and drooling a frothy mucous from the side of his mouth and he was the colour of death. I can't even describe his eyes.

So I left him there on the street, all mangled up and went on my way.

I'm such a soft touch at times and as I was travelling home on the train I wondered should I have given him my wedding rings to pawn just so he could be taken out of his misery for a few hours.

Sometimes I can be an awful f*****g eejit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Poor Vadym doesn't realise that the Irish cops are deliberately lazy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

A no Joe show is on the cards for tomorrow I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    I met one of those Zombie like junkie creatures last week just off Grafton Street, he stopped me looking for money for a cup of 'tea'

My heart went out to him, but I had no change left as I gave it to a toothless women on Camden Street. The rest of the change I had I lit candles in the church on Clarenden Street for my family. I tried to explain to him that I had nothing left only a train ticket home.....he seemed to understand.

The poor man was all twisted up and holding his leg like he was having a spasm and drooling a frothy mucous from the side of his mouth and he was the colour of death. I can't even describe his eyes.

I'm such a soft touch at times and as I was travelling home on the train I wondered should I have given him my wedding rings to pawn just so he could be taken out of his misery for a few hours.

Are you free to take a call tomorrow?

Mena Mitty wrote: »

I don't think you're an eejit. You just have sympathy for someone less fortunate.

It's a wonderful trait, you mustn't let anyone extinguish it!

Was thinking about Vadim, and I do remember interacting with him in my place of work, getting library membership, and trying to work out what he was saying. He is an extremely nice chap, one of nature’s gentlemen. I tried one or two Russian words, having learned them for a trip to USSR in 1979.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/community-outraged-as-luke-kelly-statue-is-vandalised-932988.html

Christy Bourke on standby for tomorrow.

I probably won't be around myself. My mother is coming to visit for a few days and if I put Duffy on the radio she'll disinherit mre.

Was thinking about Vadim, and I do remember interacting with him in my place of work, getting library membership, and trying to work out what he was saying. He is an extremely nice chap, one of nature’s gentlemen. I tried one or two Russian words, having learned them for a trip to USSR in 1979.
    À-propos of nothing, one of my sisters is a librarian in Dublin. Its quite possible that you know one another. Or that you're my sister.

Anyway, she has had some bizarre experiences from working on libraries, seems to me like somewhere you'd see all human life, at its best and its worst. From leery ould fellas to people with mental health problems, to lonely widows to to brilliant scholars; it's an interesting glimpse of the whole society I reckon.

À-propos of nothing, one of my sisters is a librarian in Dublin. Its quite possible that you know one another. Or that you're my sister.

Anyway, she has had some bizarre experiences from working on libraries, seems to me like somewhere you'd see all human life, at its best and its worst. From leery ould fellas to people with mental health problems, to lonely widows to to brilliant scholars; it's an interesting glimpse of the whole society I reckon.

Of course I’d know your sister and possibly quite or even very well. She’d know the cat woman who used to come into city centre branch who inspired my username. Library staff could be as bizarre as the customers, and they were often extraordinary. You never knew what the next customer would bring-one left an abandoned puppy at the desk which one staff member adopted. I was bitten by a wild rat which little salta de eerts put on the desk. It was rarely dull, lots of adrenaline moments. One thing that’s for sure, people are becoming ever more demanding in last ten years. I had work-stress-related heart attack on duty, that saw to my retirement.

Flying high rest of week... gliding in a nice sailplane, if I can get into it!

• Advertisement

D4bes announced that the Pope broke RTE last year. No, Dee, it’s the enormous pay-packets awarded to mediocre and talentless broadcasters of the Golden Circle that is breaking RTE and you know it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,253 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

The BS blaming the World Cup for last years €13m deficit. The World Cup comes around every 4 years so you'd kinda want to be building that into your annual budgets if you plan showing it. I suppose that would be if you were a proper business and not some charity case for a bunch of over-paid, egotistical gobsh1tes.

Also, the World Cup would have generated significant income from advertising. 925,000 (4th biggest viewership) tuned in for the England semi final in the World Cup for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Anti social behavior in Dublin city centre. Bonkers.

Have you had any dealing with Tierney Kitchens in balbriggan? To be closed by 3.00.

Daughter of a donor So to speak

Sophisticated scam aimed at the Chinese community. "Getting calls in Mandarin,of course.".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Every small island needs two orchestras, two choirs and a string quartet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,253 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

And a presenter of a radio phone in show that gets paid more than the leader of the country and the boss of the Health system combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

sligojoek wrote: »
    Sophisticated scam aimed at the Chinese community. "Getting calls in Mandarin,of course.".

DONT DO DE ACCENT CALLER !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

And one rotund foghorn for the 1.45PM- 3.00PM slot.

D4bes announced that the Pope broke RTE last year. No, Dee, it’s the enormous pay-packets awarded to mediocre and talentless broadcasters of the Golden Circle that is breaking RTE and you know it.

I know it's become popular for RTE to now blame the Church for everything, but blaming the Church for them not being able to balance their books is a bit much.

Did anybody hear the Liveline ad today, they were using Joe getting all hot and bothered in his big fat head as the clip they wanted everybody to hear. Almost proud of his ignorant behaviour.

• Advertisement

Let's see how hard Joe works to get off the point with each caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,929 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Joe finds another soft target - a masked 12 year old.
    Until he finds the 12 year old is the offspring of some right hard gangsta bastard.
    Then it will be dropped.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

Unadulerated kip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,854 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

That James Joyce statue is there donkeys years

Do anything ye liked???

Like what caller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Aye its not like dubaleeen in the rare auld times joe

• Advertisement

Do it in some back street.

Ben burrrrb streeet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,700 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

It's a great robbing spot as well, Joe.

All those clowns walking by with der mobile phones and such

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

And one rotund foghorn for the 1.45PM- 3.00PM slot.

followed by a miserable preaching porridge muncher

Aye its not like dubaleeen in the rare auld times joe

ah bang bang, lugs, big jim larkin & molly malone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

Do it in some back street.

Or maybe Clontarf!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Greasy Tool

Ban the homeless from D1 , D2 and D4 , then they won't sully the lovely city . Or house them maybe ???

Joe can’t fathom this

He gets chauffeured past in the jag at 60mph minimum waving a handkerchief out the window at the local characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

The homeless should be asked to go to Clontarf to be fed!

Ban the homeless from D1 , D2 and D4 , then they won't sully the lovely city . Or house them maybe ???

and D3. couldnt have them in the same postcode as duffy towers

This wan is a walking Dublinese cliche book

Guineys
    Clerys clock

Waiting on Nelson’s pillar

“D’ya remember joeeee??”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Compare and contrast - an old Dublin Joe favourite returns.

Just admit joe.. the junkies are left unchecked in the city center and the guards are not interested..

Lady says "this is reality" as if its acceptable for junkies and beggars to destroy te place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Any rent boys around .......shirt off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Greasy Tool

It's a disgrace Joe !! Feedin' the Homeless's !! I hear some of them are unwell also , so to speak .

This one is living in a dream world...

• Advertisement

Well done joe. Homeless now.

It’s

Reeeee ality

I think that covers her point ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,700 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Come to Dublin !

Experience reality !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,929 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Mad old bat.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Reality

Reality

Reality

...fcuk off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭boardise

There's always people who are devoid of logical ability and derail arguments with their stupidity.
    This caller is an eminent example.

This one is living in a dream world...

some dream. 75 minutes work a day, 400k "fees" and a lost count of yearly holidays

ah, bleeding heart patricia.

earlier caller dead right. you dont see the french homeless hanging round the champs elysee

and a lot of homeless are drug addicts, why encourage them to hang round the main thoroughfare

patricia probably lives in the sticks somewhere and has never met a homeless person

Oh lord god, you want to run a business with drug addicts out the front of it. Maybe they should put a creche there as well so that they young people can mix with their downtrodden brothers and sisters. This wan is off the wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Batty is a pain in the hole and I don't mean Joe. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement