Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 6th Annual Irish Beer Mile Championships. Saturday 18th August 2018

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Murph_D wrote: »
    You’d be grand. The drunk doesn’t kick in till you’re finished. :pac:

(But never again, I promised myself last time).

but then how would I get home?? i'd have to be stretchered back to the northside.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,426 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

HelenAnne wrote: »
    but then how would I get home?? i'd have to be stretchered back to the northside.

We had a DD! Who had to go the long way round by Chapelizod to drop off the Lady Champ.

OK, I'm in! I'll have to practice the beer drinking ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

HelenAnne wrote: »
    OK, I'm in! I'll have to practice the beer drinking ...

Well done! I genuinely believe there should be a reduction in beer size for women. Ask the powers that be if they'd allow you to drop down to a 25cl measure (x4)

Isn't there a difference in weight in the Shot Put competition between Mens and Womens? And what about the height of hurdles?

Itziger wrote: »
    Well done! I genuinely believe there should be a reduction in beer size for women. Ask the powers that be if they'd allow you to drop down to a 25cl measure (x4)

Isn't there a difference in weight in the Shot Put competition between Mens and Womens? And what about the height of hurdles?

The rules are set in stone, I'm afraid :)

https://www.beermile.com/rules

I know another woman who's doing it too - she's more worried about the running, I'm more worried about the drinking :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 DrDrankEngine

I've created a thread now for this year's National beer mile championships which is here

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=110430149#post110430149

Also I've created a facebook event here

https://www.facebook.com/events/640208659797769/

It's great to see there's a bunch of interest already this year. Maybe we could have a practice beer mile some time between now and September - or just some drinking practice! I'm doing beer mile in Germany in 3 weeks as part of my practice :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Good jib!

Won't be around for this in September.:(

Often wondered though, would you not feel pretty wrecked after it? And not in a good way.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 DrDrankEngine

Two years ago I did the beer mile one weekend and my first ever half marathon the next. The beer mile was harder - but soooo much more fun!

Good jib! wrote: »
    Won't be around for this in September.:(

Often wondered though, would you not feel pretty wrecked after it? And not in a good way.

Good question. I found I recovered in a few minutes. You just feel $hite while you're running, especially the last two laps. Had a bit to eat and another beer soon after finishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭morceli

Think i might give this a lash again, need to get under that 10 minute barrier this time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,426 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

morceli wrote: »
    Think i might give this a lash again, need to get under that 10 minute barrier this time...

You’re posting in last year’s thread!

Murph_D wrote: »
    You’re posting in last year’s thread!

A year and 10 minutes. HelenAnne would nearly manage that!!

Itziger wrote: »
    A year and 10 minutes. HelenAnne would nearly manage that!!

if I didn't throw up!

Advertisement