Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Half Worth it

Options
  • 17-05-2019 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi All,

Been a while since i did a Triathlon: last one was LostSheep in 2015. just didn't have time since then with work / kids

So i am now looking at getting off the chair and doing Cobh Standard (14weeks away) and Moby Dick Sprint (16 weeks away)

Looking at doing the Dublin 70.30 Next year, with the Full in Cork the following year.
    Just wondering is Dublin 70:30 worth the money or would you be better off doing Lost Sheep and some other one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

docker.io wrote: »
    Hi All,

Been a while since i did a Triathlon: last one was LostSheep in 2015. just didn't have time since then with work / kids

So i am now looking at getting off the chair and doing Cobh Standard (14weeks away) and Moby Dick Sprint (16 weeks away)

Looking at doing the Dublin 70.30 Next year, with the Full in Cork the following year.
    Just wondering is Dublin 70:30 worth the money or would you be better off doing Lost Sheep and some other one.

Lost Sheep is a way better race, but it sold out in minutes as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I've never done the 70.3 in Dublin but it's hard to justify that price. Some people love it and more power to them. Personally I think I'd be inclined to use the money to enter a non branded half distance and a few other shorter races.

I've only done the Lost Sheep from the half distance events on the calendar and it's a cracker. Sheephaven, Tyrone and the Hardman ones get great reviews from people I know that have done them. The weather was a killer for Tyrone last year but the previous year was a huge success based on the feedback I received.

I know LS sells out but if you go on the waiting list you'll usually get a slot.

P.

Advertisement