Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: What position should Northern MPs occupy in the Dáil?
We should maintain the status quo 72 85.71%
We should give them speaking rights 8 9.52%
We should give them equal rights with TDs in the Republic 4 4.76%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Closed  

16-06-2017, 23:47   #76
billy few mates

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwaterford View Post
They should have speaking rights but I'd not be in favour of voting rights imo

What harm can it Do??
Theyve been elected in ireland by people entitled to irish citizenship....all this talk of it being a forgiven country is just typical boards extremism

Given that all main irish political parties are on board the United Ireland train,why would they be againest this??
Where exactly is "all this talk of it being a forgiven country"
Got any links to some examples of the extremism on here that you're talking about...?
Advertisement
16-06-2017, 23:55   #77
billy few mates

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwaterford View Post
I
Except I'd they are irish citizens as there entitled to be,there not forgien??

Its an interesting proposal just being shot down by extremits with no legitimate reason/concern except some out dated taughts that the north is a different country (pity that all main parties dropped that view when they jumped on the United Ireland train)

I've still no idea what harm having people elected in Northern Ireland in the dail will do

Tbh I'd ban sale of alcohol/Bretest everyone before I'd allow them Into partake in dail business
They're Irish citizens that live in another jurisdiction, again we seem to confusing island land masses and countries...
Forum Closed