Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Random Lego chatter!

Options

Comments

syboit wrote: »
    Ah, thats yer man David. So funny to see some of his older vid's when he was fairly young, and now he's in his mid twenties. He used to be legoboy123456789 or something like that.

They seem to get bigger all the time, he must just have bins of dark blue grey pieces.

I can't imagine anything worse than trying to sort all that out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

I kind of like it, I think it will grow on people. Can't afford it day one, maybe for Christmas. I'll get the Ducati Panigale though.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

New starwars sets have leaked on instragram, (sorry cant seem to get the link to work).

Some strange sets like anakins starfighter, grevious ship, last duel (these 3 seem to be just re-releases of previous sets)

AAT has new ashoka and a 332nd trooper ðŸ‘, and a new set based on a ride/set from disneys galaxys edge.

• Advertisement

syboit wrote: »
    New starwars sets have leaked on instragram, (sorry cant seem to get the link to work).

Some strange sets like anakins starfighter, grevious ship, last duel (these 3 seem to be just re-releases of previous sets)

AAT has new ashoka and a 332nd trooper ðŸ‘, and a new set based on a ride/set from disneys galaxys edge.

I see they've gone for a small AAT again. Another poor wave IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Just looking at that account and I see that they’re reviving trains for collectors. Another 150-200 euro per year earner for Lego to squeeze.

Just looking at that account and I see that they’re reviving trains for collectors. Another 150-200 euro per year earner for Lego to squeeze.

That could actually be very good depending on what they release. Good opportunity to add peripherals as well. Stations, track etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Any links?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

Any links?

Unfortunately can't find any pics online but you can see the figures in this Youtube video (I had to use mute - your milage may vary):

• Advertisement

Niska wrote: »
    Unfortunately can't find any pics online but you can see the figures in this Youtube video (I had to use mute - your milage may vary):

If you Google lego Star wars leaks you'll find the set images

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Just wondering probably wrong time for it but would a Lego store not do great business in Ireland just one store somewhere in Dublin city centre or the likes? Surely there is the business for one over in Ireland just maybe not right at this time but up to a few months ago I would of definitely said yes and in a year or two and hopefully country getting back to where it was that there should be. Lego one of the biggest toy brands out there. Have a big population and a ton of tourists you would think it would make a lot of cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Yes, I think it would do well. I have been in a number of them around Europe and a couple in the US, they aren’t all massive like the London store, plenty of mid sized stores in cities around Europe. They have a franchise model for stores that are branded but not owned by LEGO, probably more likely here.

I think LEGO are focused on expanding in China though.

Yes, I think it would do well. I have been in a number of them around Europe and a couple in the US, they aren’t all massive like the London store, plenty of mid sized stores in cities around Europe. They have a franchise model for stores that are branded but not owned by LEGO, probably more likely here.

I think LEGO are focused on expanding in China though.
    Yeah just very surprising. You would think one one the capital would do very good business now. I know expansion is going in China but you would think a toe hold in Ireland for a store. Maybe another one in cork if Dublin done good business which I am sure it would. Just very surprising that there isn't.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

When I lived in Glasgow one of the main perks was the Lego store in Buchanan Galleries shopping Center. Isn't a big spot but was always busy enough with people. One would definitely do well here. Weird that there isn't one tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Just wondering probably wrong time for it but would a Lego store not do great business in Ireland just one store somewhere in Dublin city centre or the likes? Surely there is the business for one over in Ireland just maybe not right at this time but up to a few months ago I would of definitely said yes and in a year or two and hopefully country getting back to where it was that there should be. Lego one of the biggest toy brands out there. Have a big population and a ton of tourists you would think it would make a lot of cash.

I don't think it's as easy as just picking a location and throwing a store in, there's logistics and HR support etc. That's why it's easier for them to open more stores in the UK where they're already established than in Ireland.

Although a store in Belfast should be a lot more feasible plus you could easily travel there from Dublin. I know I would spin up a few times from Limerick to Belfast for a Lego store.

I don't think it's as easy as just picking a location and throwing a store in, there's logistics and HR support etc. That's why it's easier for them to open more stores in the UK where they're already established than in Ireland.

Although a store in Belfast should be a lot more feasible plus you could easily travel there from Dublin. I know I would spin up a few times from Limerick to Belfast for a Lego store.
    Yeah I would be happy if one was up there but saying that Dublin has a lot of footfall through out the year and crazy amount of tourists so if one in the city centre I could see it making a lot of money. Just surprised that they didn't even test the water and do one here and if didn't work out fair enough it's a risk but I think one with really high rewards for them.

ktulu123 wrote: »
    When I lived in Glasgow one of the main perks was the Lego store in Buchanan Galleries shopping Center. Isn't a big spot but was always busy enough with people. One would definitely do well here. Weird that there isn't one tbh.

Yeah one in Jervis or the ilac or at Stephens green shopping centre. Even one on Henry street as rent wouldn't be as high as Grafton st

• Registered Users Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Apple have over 500 stores worldwide, but none here.

Lego only have 138. I think we'll be waiting a while.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

It'd be cool to have a Lego store but i suspect like Apple their well represented through their retail partners and they probably don't see a big enough business need for a store here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Got my backordered Lego House delivered yesterday :D this is my 3rd architect set during covid phase, will post pics when i did them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

New train coming soon

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

madalig12 wrote: »
    New train coming soon

That particular train doesn't do it for me, but I'm excited by the prospect of an updated Trains line (though looks like if there are more on the way they'll be Creator vehicles style i.e. expensive and one maybe two releases per year)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

got the harry potter castle. its a beast of a thing. on bag 7 out of 31 (i think). wont be finishing this weekend anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

got the harry potter castle. its a beast of a thing. on bag 7 out of 31 (i think). wont be finishing this weekend anyway!

It's an amazing piece when finished. Views from the front and back are equally impressive. One of the most fun builds I've ever made.

15300 pieces in one of them :eek:

That ISD is unreal. He'll have a hard time selling them though. I'm sure the actual cost of parts and shipping isn't too far off 2k but I can't see anyone paying that. I could be wrong though

Home Alone McCallister house, Seinfeld 30th Anniversary and a Lego typewriter have now been approved for production!

• Advertisement

Also worth noting that Lego are releasing a new "Art" line of products. They're essentially a Lego version of Paint By Numbers where you get thousands of studs to design a piece of art that's a square portrait. There's currently four sets; Sith (create either Darth Vader, Maul or Kylo Ren); one of four Marilyn Monroe Warhol pictures; an Iron Man set (create three different Iron Man designs); or the Beatles (create one of the four members).

They're pretty amazing as you can create a number of variants per pack and if you have multiples you can create a larger Darth Vader or Iron Man design with three packs.

Additionally they all come with soundtracks to listen to when building.

Our August 1st.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/campaigns/art

Advertisement