Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How would you blow all 190 million of the euromillions in 1 week

• 04-10-2019 4:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

So you won the euromillions 190 million and decided to blow it all in 1 week.
    Everything must be gone and no retained assets after the 7 day period. Aldo no clever tricks to retain assets or cash either.

What do you do?

Rent a massive truck and get it all in cash. Drive around all the strip clubs in London and make it rain.

Then into loads of random pubs and pay for everyones drinks for the remainder of the night. Pick some randomer in each pub whos looking a bit down and give him a 50k bundle.

Then bury the remainder in a random spot and publish a treasure map.

Job done.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

What a waste.

I'd draw up a list of the 100 people dearest to me and give each a €1million share in the ticket. The children and grandchildren would get €5million each and I'd just spend the remainder.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭paulpd

What a waste.

I'd draw up a list of the 100 people dearest to me and give each a €1million share in the ticket. The children and grandchildren would get €5million each and I'd just spend the remainder.

Problem with these lists is - Person No. 101 most dearest is going to be annoyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

180 million on coke and hookers, and just waste the rest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

World peace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

I'd burn it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,868 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Put it all on man utd to win....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I'd buy lottery tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭jelutong

I’d buy a Dvd of “Brewster’s Millions” to get a few pointers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

jelutong wrote: »
    Was thinking the same. They should do a modern re make of that movie. Would be good if done right.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Give it all to Lionel Messi to get him to play for Leeds United until he retires. Although the way things generally go for Leeds that would probably mean a career ending injury in his first game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Buy boards and shut it down so I don't get to see such silly posts.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

cnocbui wrote: »
    Buy boards and shut it down so I don't get to see such silly posts.

And with the other €189.9m?

Zaph wrote: »
    And with the other €189.9m?

Well since I would no longer be bound by the silly strictures in the original post, I'd take more time and hopefully spend it more wisely. A string of trophy houses around the world in nice locations and a private jet to get between them would be a start. A small amount to fund the sugar baby then invest the rest in ETFs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,003 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Will be won by someone in Mainland Europe, even possibly UK, they have bigger populations than us, and statistically the chances are better there.

I'm sure some mathematician can refute that, probabilities and odds and all that!

The amount is huge, and a bit obscene, but I doubt anyone would turn it down either.

If I won it, I think it would mean an inheritance according to my will, as I think I would drop on the spot with the shock!

There have been at least 3 people in Ireland who have had mega wins. One of them scored €110 M and lives not far from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

jelutong wrote: »

You could offer to pay someone 190 million to watch brewsters millions but would probably end up stuck with the money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Hookers and classic cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,412 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Will be won by someone in Mainland Europe, even possibly UK, they have bigger populations than us, and statistically the chances are better there.

I'm sure some mathematician can refute that, probabilities and odds and all that!

The amount is huge, and a bit obscene, but I doubt anyone would turn it down either.

If I won it, I think it would mean an inheritance according to my will, as I think I would drop on the spot with the shock!

Statistically it’s more likely to be win in s place with more players obviously but your individual chances wouldn’t change based on geography. Spainish eyes in Spain is as likely to win as the one in Ireland assuming you both do the same amount of lines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

So you won the euromillions 190 million and decided to blow it all in 1 week.
    Everything must be gone and no retained assets after the 7 day period. Aldo no clever tricks to retain assets or cash either.

What do you do?

Share it among the family/extended family, trust funds for the children.
    Not too much for each, no more than a million, enough to give people a good quality of life/start in life but still mean they have to get education and get a job.

Maybe local donations for playgrounds, education, teenage clubs, third level sponsorship schemes, refit some local parks etc.

Or fund a new Irexit political party to exit Europe to retake control of our immigration policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭randd1

Get divorced!!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

More of a blow it all in a month rather than a week, but I'd buy sterling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I would do a really big **** and wipe my arse with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Demanding 190 million in cash from any bank would cause the system to collapse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

You could give it to Fine Gael to invest wisely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,462 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Demanding 190 million in cash from any bank would cause the system to collapse

ah stop...its a pittance in terms of banking money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

I’d buy a wace horse and get woobe walsh to wide it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,193 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

€189m donation to Donald Trump 2020 campaign €1m on lotto scratchers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I'd buy an F14 tomcat and buzz the tower while going ballistic with Scarlett Johansson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

cnocbui wrote: »
    There have been at least 3 people in Ireland who have had mega wins. One of them scored €110 M and lives not far from me.

You live in The Naul?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,837 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Give it to Simon Harris to spend on the National Children's Hosptial.
    He'd probably spend it on a window chosen by Dermot Bannon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Give it to that clown veruka. He'd have no bother squandering it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

What a waste.

Thats probably the best solution but I would also ask all the people I gave a million to give me 20 grand back after the week is up so that I would have 2 million instead of nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,868 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Zorya wrote: »
    Thats probably the best solution but I would also ask all the people I gave a million to give me 20 grand back after the week is up so that I would have 2 million instead of nothing.

You're going to be disappointed when you only end up with 60k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Zorya wrote: »

You're going to be disappointed when you only end up with 60k

:( only 3% of the people are good? Thats the saddest thing ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

I'm sure some mathematician can refute that, probabilities and odds and all that!!
    Jackpot Winners last 3yrs:
    UK 24.2% / Spain 17.7% / Belgium 14.5% / France 14.5% / Portugal 12.9% / Ireland 8.1% / Switzerland 4.8% / Austria 3.2% / Luxembourg 0%

Jackpot Winners since 2004:
    France 21.9% Spain 21.9% UK 19.0% …. Ireland 3.4% Luxembourg 0.5%

Hopefully it's not won tonight, as Tueday will thus become, what will be known forever as 'le great 5+1 rolldown'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Check yo' ticket:
    A lucky Irish #EuroMillions player has just matched five numbers and one lucky star on tonights draw winning a total of €2,521,015
    https://twitter.com/NationalLottery

Other than that, it's now set for a Tuesday (5th and max) jackpot i.e. Forced 'Rolldown'.
    Whereby if there is no winner, anyone managing 5+1 could well get about €23m (estimate).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

I’d hire professional hitmen to kill all my enemies as a first. No need to have loose ends with that kind of cash.

Take the first friends and family on a month long 5 star holiday, everybody comes back debt free.

After that I suppose I’d spend my time between Ireland and Amsterdam, cannabis coffee shop purveyor by day and tricked out millionaire pimp vigilante by night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,315 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I would buy lots of expensive paintings, a big house with a pool and a cinema, shoes lots of shoes :) a nuclear submarine, a Lear jet and a Honda Jet as its very unique, a helicopter, a big Lexus limo and a chauffeur to drive me everywhere and they would all be payed up for 35 years.

Would give all closest too me some to from whatever is left lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

I’d hire professional hitmen to kill all my enemies as a first. No need to have loose ends with that kind of cash.

<insert Sean Quinn remark here>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,774 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

spend it all on the euromllions

• Advertisement

It could have been me if I had bothered to buy a ticket.

I'd buy a superyacht with a second one following the first around so I wouldn't have to keep living space for the crew and laundry etc on the main one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

I would set up my child for life. And then buy a small island in the Caribbean and live like a hermit,heh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Neames

Buy an island....

Oh and a few dozen crates of crisps, teabags and sausages.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

I'd buy a belt buckle from Brown Thomas.

I'd do up my house. put a conservatory on both gable ends, put an extension on the extension, throw a huge reverse glass box in the courtyard, get Diarmuid Gavin in to landscape the gardens, build an underground bunker / saferoom with an escape tunnel / cave thats at least a 1 km long, with installed quad bike / inflatable dinghy / submarine as appropriate (ideally all three) exiting into a disused quarry / ancient woodland or something similar with reasonable road access / options to escape ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

On more lottery tickets. How can I lose?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭kyote00

Tender for rural broadband or a hospital

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Tommysocks11

Give all of it to the government and they would blow it in no time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Give it to Eddie Hobbs to invest on my behalf, no risk of ever seeing it again.

invest it in pumpkins

• Advertisement
Advertisement