Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two cars in a car park

Options
  • 18-06-2017 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭

One is pulling out of a space. The other has their door open and the tip touching the car pulling out. The car pulling out doesn't check their left mirror and scrapes the side of their car on the tip of the door touching the open car door.
    Who's at fault?
    Post edited by Ten of Swords on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 trsvod

One is pulling out of a space. The other has their door open and the tip touching the car pulling out. The car pulling out doesn't check their left mirror and scrapes the side of their car on the tip of the door touching the open car door.
    Who's at fault?

Both i guess but in the eye of the law and insurance probably the car pulling out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

The car that's moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

The woman. :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The one moving without looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Who's at fault?

The car pulling out I'd say..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Car pulling out, although the person with the door open shouldn't have had it touching the car beside them. But that's not a legal issue, just a courtesy thing, afaik. Driver moving had the responsibility to be paying attention though.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mrsbeebee

A car that is moving will always be at fault if it scrapes off a stationary car. However the car that is moving may have a different version of events ie that they had started their maneuver when the other car opened its door and therefore is holding the door opener liable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

50/50 imo

Person with door open should have been careful that they were not interfering with someone else's property.

Driver should have checked all mirrors.

Both in the wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

The red car , I fcukin' hate red cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭keith_sixteen

100% car pulling out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

The cyclist

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Burn the cars down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

CeilingFly wrote: »
    50/50 imo

Person with door open should have been careful that they were not interfering with someone else's property.

Driver should have checked all mirrors.

Both in the wrong.

There's no 50/50 to it. Legally, the car moving is at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tombateman

In the face of traffic law , car which is moving

In the face of "yes, I am a human being and care about others", car with open door. DA Shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Which one were you OP? pulling out? or open door?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Zombie thread resurrected by new account.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

So what happened in the end and which car was yours?

I burned the red car down. A woman cyclist saw me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I would blame the car with door as parked car need to be parked or being driven... most car parks have lines and i expect the door in the other space... 50/50 for me... was there damage...

Zombie thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement