Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how would you be described by someone who doesn't like you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

They know I'm right, but they'd rather try and insult me than admit it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

As others have said, quiet and very reserved. Really I'm just checking you out to see are you deserving of my awesomeness:). Seriously though, once I am comfortable with people I"m grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

The fat one with the red hair and bitch face.

Great eyebrows though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Shallow and pedantic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I'd be the same. I'm very cautious about who I let into my circle and can come across as ignorant sometimes initially. But I'm sound out and really relaxed once I figure people out. My gf thinks I have a mild form of aspergers or something and I tend to agree with her. I can be unbelievably socially awkward at times.

I think I'm the same as this....most people I'm like this with but then I'll get surprised every now and again and just click with random people, few and far between though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'm not sure. I'd have to ask... anyone who has ever met me.

They probably think I'm arrogant, but their opinions are worthless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

'That fcukin' prick'.

Very middle of the road but very apt. People who don't like me don't know why they don't like me- they just don't like me. I'm a big scary looking fothermucker but my demeanor is more shy yet friendly.

The best thing I've heard lately is that someone at work joined our team from the 'other' team - we quality-check their work and set out reports for corrections. After training in the new guy (who I'd been used to seeing around but never really talking to him) he comes out with 'you're actually sound; do you know that people on the other team are actually afraid of you'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Someone once told me just was standoff-ish and intimidating. I don't think I am but I am pretty shy IRL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭EICVD

A constantly grumpy bastard who needs to relax & cheer up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Stuck up skinny English bitch.

Well, two out of three ain't bad!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

"You know that ****?"

"Oh, yeah, him."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Opinionated
    Lazy
    Fat
    Weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

I think I'm too loud,, Esp if its a topic I enjoy or enjoying myself, hate it though.

And Babyface....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

A know-it-all. I find it hard not to correct people if I know they're wrong. :o
    A terrible drunk. I'm a messy drunk so very true.
    Boring maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

This is kinda a cue for us to blow our own trumpets at length under the guise of others "not being able to deal with" our awesomeness, isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

"yer man with the head"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

"5rtytry56 why can't you type in English???"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

A sour faced cúnt!

And ya know what, they'd be bang on the money :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

A grumpy pain in the arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

A fat ugly bitch

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,612 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A flawed genius

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Lazy, weird, idiot when drunk - especially wine-drunk (I put my hands up for that one!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Bad at listening or somehting like that, wasn't paying much attention to what they were saying

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Pretentious weirdo with stupid hair.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Fat, loud and mouthy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

A sh*te in the bucket.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Snooki

They are descriptions from someone who does not know you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

Too shy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Stand off-ish. Boring. Know it all-ish. Unfriendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Argumentative, Unapproachable prick.
    Witty & good lucking ðŸ‘

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,322 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Snooki wrote: »

In your case would they say you bring up stuff that happened months ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Loud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

Great eyebrows though.

Greatish. There could be more plucking. You've plucking missed a few stragglers.

torag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,531 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the gift that keeps giving is the latest description.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Persephone kindness

'I am not sure how to describe her. '

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Snooki wrote: »

Most people you know reasonably well would like you though, wouldn't they? Or you would barely know them.

Someone who knows me described me as flippant, impetuous and a know-it-all. If that qualifies?

He does like me the rest of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Freak of nature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

An ugly, hate-filled man.

My reply would be....

Hey, hey, I may be ugly and hate-filled, but I... um, what was the third thing you said?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

There's a pattern emerging..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Rude, arrogant, moody, aloof.

Similar to what's been mentioned before, I don't tolerate people I don't like or get on with. I'm not antagonistic but I hate forced conversation when it's clear I have nothing to say to that person so I just avoid those people as much as possible. I can be a bit snappy with them and will generally sulk if they are trying to get in on a conversation I'm having with other people.

I can figure out quick enough if I want to get to know someone better and if I don't want to, I behave somehwat similarly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Well hello there;)

Those who (for some bizarre reason) don't like me would likely describe me as cold, sneaky and secretive (which to be fair to them I can be, particularly if I don't like you) and with an eye for the ladies, particularly the redheads (which I do - cos they're sexy:D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭Stigura

I was in a local taxi, one time. The driver had picked up Peter (Dearly misses. Great local character!) and was to run him home first as he lived closer. Peter was, as usual, so pissed he probably didn't even know what night it was. Bless him.

So, we pull up at this dark place and, as the driver helps him out, Peter asks; " Who's that, in the back? " He hadn't noticed me.

To which the driver replied, perfectly loudly and clearly:

" Just some dirty, stinking Gypo. " :eek:

Two to three hour walk home, on pitch black country roads ~ If I could figure out where the f**k we were anyway? Or make out I hadn't heard the c***?

Strange thing was, he'd never shown any animosity toward me until that night. Never got another f**king opportunity either.

Beyondgone wrote: »
    There's a pattern emerging..

Enlighten me.

Chevron, houndstooth, polka dot..?

Stigura wrote: »
    I was in a local taxi, one time. The driver had picked up Peter (Dearly misses. Great local character!) and was to run him home first as he lived closer. Peter was, as usual, so pissed he probably didn't even know what night it was. Bless him.

So, we pull up at this dark place and, as the driver helps him out, Peter asks; " Who's that, in the back? " He hadn't noticed me.

To which the driver replied, perfectly loudly and clearly:

" Just some dirty, stinking Gypo. " :eek:

Two to three hour walk home, on pitch black country roads ~ If I could figure out where the f**k we were anyway? Or make out I hadn't heard the c***?

Strange thing was, he'd never shown any animosity toward me until that night. Never got another f**king opportunity either.

Unless it was his idea of funny. Rude names are like terms of endearment for some people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭Stigura

He was being 'Funny' all right, Shins. But, nobody was laughing.

Taxi drivers, round here, tend to be prima donnas anyway. They'll treat their customers like sh!t, because there's so few of them.

Stigura wrote: »
    He was being 'Funny' all right, Shins. But, nobody was laughing.

Taxi drivers, round here, tend to be prima donnas anyway. They'll treat their customers like sh!t, because there's so few of them.

One of my ex's is like that. Now and then. He's capable of being funny, and intelligent, yet he'd come out with the most harsh, insulting comment about someone out of the blue, and often nobody even seems taken aback!

The reason I mention it is he didn't actually think that of the person, but expected them to know that, and not everyone would. It just confused and hurt people a lot of the time.

According to such folk when I'm online I just babble on and on: "blah blah blah blah blah" with a chatting animated smiley :B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I would probably say anti-social. Largely because i decline lots of invitations to go drinking, due the fact there are a lot of trashy scumbags in nightclubs, espcially the ones with pool tables.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

A cocky, arrogant bully.

That's what happens when you call out a cocky, arrogant bully on their bull****.

• Advertisement
Advertisement