Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 PAYG phone clearance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Thanks for this OP

I got the Samsung Ativ S FREE, I am on 6 months 25.oo per month, plan, and no change to charges or 6 months, I only signed up for the plan in January so a Free upgrade and no change to terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭long_b

martinn123 wrote: »
    Thanks for this OP

I got the Samsung Ativ S FREE, I am on 6 months 25.oo per month, plan, and no change to charges or 6 months, I only signed up for the plan in January so a Free upgrade and no change to terms.

Did you order off the website ?

long_b wrote: »
    Did you order off the website ?

Yep, signed in with my O2, login.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I just got:

"Your order has been dispatched and is on its way, which means you will receive it in the next few days":)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

If anyone wants a code PM me. It won't work unless you're already an o2 customer though as the 20% is for upgrades only but if someones buying two maybe they'll want a code.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Affluenza

Just ordered myself a HTC Desire X for only €79.99

Thanks a lot op :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭biebiebie

That's a savage deal for the note 2, premium phone. Due to get KitKat in a few months too.

Does anyone know if it's locked to O2?

biebiebie wrote: »
    That's a savage deal for the note 2, premium phone. Due to get KitKat in a few months too.

Does anyone know if it's locked to O2?

It's out of stock sadly.
    Would probably be locked to O2 bit unlock codes for them are cheap on eBay (about a tenner)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭RossD1983

Hi folks, did anyone (who managed to order successfully) receive an email (marked as spam for me) stating:

Dear Customer

In reference to your recent order on the On Line Shop, for security purposes we require proof of Credit Card Statement & proof of ID for your order to be processed.

Please ensure that this is either faxed to 01 6195020 or scanned and mailed to O2shopfeedback@o2.com within the next 5 working days. If not received your order will be cancelled and your credit card fully refunded.

If you have any other queries then simply visit our online help section at http://www.o2.ie/contactus

Kind regards,

O2 Online Team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

nope but then again I didn't receive any email in the 1st place and the online chat had to tell me yesterday that its in process....

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭RossD1983

Wow, ok. I've confirmed with the online chat representative that the email is legitimate. I can never recall having to furnish this information in the past for any transaction like this, especially one which doesnt involve a direct debit or some other bind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

RossD1983 wrote: »
    Hi folks, did anyone (who managed to order successfully) receive an email (marked as spam for me) stating:

Dear Customer

In reference to your recent order on the On Line Shop, for security purposes we require proof of Credit Card Statement & proof of ID for your order to be processed.

Please ensure that this is either faxed to 01 6195020 or scanned and mailed to O2shopfeedback@o2.com within the next 5 working days. If not received your order will be cancelled and your credit card fully refunded.

If you have any other queries then simply visit our online help section at http://www.o2.ie/contactus

Kind regards,

O2 Online Team
    Happened to me several months back on a Galaxy 4 order. Despite being an O2 customer of over a decade and with a direct debit on another phone number, they still looked for this additional information.

I reluctantly provided the information required but they took ages to get back to me to clarify that the order was OK. I cancelled in the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭loopymum

Dear Customer

Kind regards,

O2 Online Team

I got this as well but I've signed himself up to bill pay but the phone isn't costing anything so I was expecting similar but not looking for credit card verification, I've had to email them saying the card is in my name and he is just a cardholder, pain in the ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭KrakityJones

I got an email from them yesterday right after putting the order through, but only to say :

"Please note that this is an automated confirmation of your placed order and not an indication of acceptance. Following processing, O2 reserves its right to reject your order, or accept same by shipping your order to you.

If your order is being shipped it should arrive within three working days of us confirming your order. You will receive an email to let you know when your order is on its way and you will be asked to sign for it when it is delivered."

Heard nothing since.

I got an email from them yesterday right after putting the order through, but only to say :

"Please note that this is an automated confirmation of your placed order and not an indication of acceptance. Following processing, O2 reserves its right to reject your order, or accept same by shipping your order to you.

If your order is being shipped it should arrive within three working days of us confirming your order. You will receive an email to let you know when your order is on its way and you will be asked to sign for it when it is delivered."

Heard nothing since.

I got a second e-mail, today, confirming the order was shipped, and gave me a tracking number for the package

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Dear Customer

Kind regards,

O2 Online Team
    Been waiting the last two days for a shipping confirmation, but after relishing I've the same email in my Spam folder.

Can anyone confirm this is normal practice with O2?

Edit: Opps, just seen the above comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Anyone know does Nokia 920 will be back?

martinn123 wrote: »
    I got a second e-mail, today, confirming the order was shipped, and gave me a tracking number for the package

My O/H missed the postman today, so we got the package delivery notice in the postbox.
    That's 24 hrs since seeing the post, here, to delivery of a free upgrade phone, thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

Dear Customer

Kind regards,

O2 Online Team

Nope, but this has come up before: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056800428. Ridiculously risky policy if it's still legit.

devil-80 wrote: »
    Anyone know does Nokia 920 will be back?

Don't think any of them will be back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bikerboy_ie

Dear Customer

Kind regards,

O2 Online Team

Nope, just checked my mail and was greeted with a dispatch notice. Ordered a Note 2:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Mine arrived this morning... 920 looks great. Steep learning curve ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Is the Nokia 820 a good price phone for that? Is it a good spec compared to the 920 does anyone know please?

juneg wrote: »
    Is the Nokia 820 a good price phone for that? Is it a good spec compared to the 920 does anyone know please?

Yes, it's a cracker. I run one as my second handset.

Against the 920
    Negatives: it has a smaller screen and less good camera
    Positives: Has a removable battery and an SD card slot

It's definitely a bargain if you can get the extra few quid off via the 20% Priority Moments discount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭KrakityJones

Just got my HTC one X+, bargain of the year for me hands down. Free on the €35 6 month contract, I was spending 20 a month at least on pre-pay so total extra over the 6 months - 90 quid. Was listed on the o2 site as 32gb but turns out it's the 64gb. Nice one OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

long_b wrote: »
    Don't think any of them will be back

I just got a Nokia 920 on a 6 month contract for €35 a month.:D
    Delira!

Gone out of stock again though

got my ativ s today, mighty phone for the price. got it for 160 prepay.

juneg wrote: »
    I just got a Nokia 920 on a 6 month contract for €35 a month.:D
    Delira!

Gone out of stock again though

Well done you !

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Tempted to buy the activ S, what ya think of it?

My Note 2 arrived but it was faulty. The box was tatty and looked like it had been opened. Its unlikely that I will get a replacement as its now OOS.

• Advertisement

my ativ was also a bit tatty and seal was broken but everything appeared brand new and unused and if it doesn't work its under warranty.
    I am very surprised by the ativ s, lovely phone. Though I do like WP8 OS anyways so that's in its favour but light, good battery so far and better than nokia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

They should really advertise these as returns and opened boxes, if they are not unopened boxes.

TheDriver wrote: »
    my ativ was also a bit tatty and seal was broken but everything appeared brand new and unused and if it doesn't work its under warranty.
    If the handset is a relatively old model (like my Note) then the warranty will probably be a refund, not a replacement. Unless you want to get it repaired, of course.
    beauf wrote: »
    They should really advertise these as returns and opened boxes, if they are not unopened boxes.
    Yeah, I'm a bit miffed about that. I know that said that they were clearance stock, not that they were "open box" or "refurbished".

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭terryduff12

That's put me off getting one so, do ya get a year warrenty with the phone and what would it be like trying to get the refund will you get money or money back into credit card

From their website (my bolding)
    These phones are reduced to clear but are brand new, unused

beauf wrote: »

Got my ATIV yesterday, I can confirm the seal was intact, box fine, and phone as new.

mine did have all the original stickers and didn't appear to have been looked at or taken out of the box. A standard shop could have sold this on to someone no problem.

My note 2 is in the post, can't wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

collected note 2 for the missus in o2 shop yesterday, sealed box brand new, she's delighted

• Advertisement

does anyone know which windows phone is better lumia 920 or ativ s?

Better for what?

Better screen,better camera,sound quality etc

They are both good.

920 better camera, (for night time)
    Ativ S better sound (earphones)
    Ativ S Lighter
    920 32GB vs 16GB and MicroSD for Activ S
    Bigger battery on Activ S

Swings and roundabouts.

The 920 is probably just a bit better unless you need somehting like the MicroSD or lightness. I reckon the 920 will get updates longer. But its out of stock, so is there really a choice?

http://www.knowyourmobile.com/nokia/nokia-lumia-920/18261/nokia-lumia-920-vs-samsung-ativ-s
    http://recombu.com/mobile/news/nokia-lumia-920-vs-samsung-ativ-s_M18696.html

exactly there is not much choice for phone with windows-i need something with bigger screen and camera with flash already have lumia 520.
    Maybe 920 will be back in stock or 820 will get cheaper.

I meant the 920 is out of stock so you can't buy it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

did anyone who got 920 checked if the handset is locked to o2 ? or any other phone from clearance ?

I had same wonderings as to which phone, glad got ativ as 920 looked terribly heavy...

what about htc one x+ i know its android but is it worth to buy?

devil-80 wrote: »
    what about htc one x+ i know its android but is it worth to buy?

You really need to check what's left in stock at this stage, htc one x + is completely gone from the clearance page.

My note 2 arrived today at work, I only got the email at 11.22 this morning, just checked the tracking number and it arrived at work at 10.36am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

Any recommendations for a case for the Note 2?

• Advertisement
Advertisement