Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kobo Touch Black eReader £29.99

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭pah

If you haven't already then sign up for "pocket" get the app for iPhone /android and the extension for Chrome. The is a pocket feature on the kobo.

You basically mark any Web page through pocket and it will pull all the text and simple images out of it generally formatting it nicely for the reader.

I'm using it a lot for Wikipedia and other articles on computer forensics and python which I'm studying atm.

Brilliant stuff syncs in seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

great device, picked it up last fri in Arnotts. Is the E-Pub format better suited to the kobo than mobi etc or does it matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

great device, picked it up last fri in Arnotts. Is the E-Pub format better suited to the kobo than mobi etc or does it matter?

Don't think it matters much. Use calibre (free computer software) to manage your ebook collection, it can convert formats for you if required too.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

Thanks, anyone know a good and a cheap cover for it and can share a link?

Got one on ebay, leather, with free booklite, 5.25.

Sorry, lost the link

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

Seem to be out of stock again :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

lilac colour back in stock now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

I have been using this for a while now. Have to say it is great. Not the quickest when you are navigating around the menus or anything like that but if you just want to read books on it then its perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭lukaszd2007

The only bad point for me so far is that it dont have PDF reflow, to enable to read books in various size text when reading in pdf format.

Anyone know is there any update to fix that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I got mine at the weekend. Very easy to use. Great find OP. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 urbanjim1

Great find OP. Just to let know I went into Arnotts Smiths last night (Weds 12 Feb) and that they were out of stock. Assistant said she was unsure when new stock was due in as 'Kobo are a bit funny like that'!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Does anybody know how this compares to the Sony PRS-300, my sturdy pride and joy of the last few years? The Sony will easily fit inside a suit pocket, so it's difficult for me to give it up at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

harney wrote: »
    Does anybody know how this compares to the Sony PRS-300, my sturdy pride and joy of the last few years? The Sony will easily fit inside a suit pocket, so it's difficult for me to give it up at the moment.

I don't know what the Sony is like but the Kobo is good but not amazing or anything. There is a bit of lag when going to the menu and stuff like that and I wouldn't be using it for browsing at all. So it is simply just for reading whatever book I have on it at that moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

harney wrote: »

If your suit pocket can cope with 6.2mm extra width and 7.5 mm depth - but the Kobo is 0.2MM thinner and 35g lighter.

At £30 it's over 6 times lighter in the pocket than a 2010 BeBook :o ... happy to have got it as a spare.

Advertisement