Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you take yours?

• 23-05-2015 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

Time for a cuppa, what's your order? With milk, no sugar, drop of honey? I'll stick the kettle on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

I like my coffee like I like my women.

From the third world, relatively inexpensive and preferably ground down by someone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I LOVE tea; I drink a lot of it and it amazes me how sh*tty some people are at making the humble brew.

Only my other half is able to make a decent cuppa, apart from myself of course.
    I just take it with a splash of milk and it must be strong.

People who have loads of milk in it are not tea afficionados! All you're tasting is the milk, ffs!
    Sorry for being angry, I just love tea so fcuking much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Not a big tea drinker at all TBH but when I do have a cup it's with 2 sugars and milk. More a Coffee man and have it the same way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Semi skimmed, one sugar, marks and spencer yellow tea bags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Strong, small bit of milk and no sugar, I'm sweet enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Usually don't care, I'm not fussy.

There are days when I want a nice one though. Il use a Barrys Gold Blend tea bag, splash of milk to colour it just right. Then add 2 sugars, stiring 15 times clockwise and 8 anti-clockwise.

Toast on the other hand, if you hand me toast that's not cut into a triangle, il cut you up real good and post you through a letter box. Toast is sacred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I like my coffee like I like my women.

From the third world, relatively inexpensive and preferably ground down by someone else.

And boxed loose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,003 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Tea. Aldi Gold Blend. Best ever.

No sugar, more strong than weak, but not THAT strong. A little milk. Then as I get down the cup I top it up with boiled water.

Tea must be HOT. Do not ever give me a lukewarm cup of tea. You have been warned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Mines cup of dirty coffee, three sugars, columbian is my preferred taste, but I'll usually take what's going anyway, just to be polite and not come off like I have my head up my own ass :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I just take milk but I drink my tea by the gallon, so lots of milk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

Black, no sugar, teabag in. A cup of tar basically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Black, one (small) sugar.
    That's if it's a tea bag affair. If I've got loose tea (preferably Ceylon) or green tea, neither milk nor sugar.
    And if I've got Earl Grey, I'll have a drop of honey in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Tea with 2 sugars and LOADS of milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Black, no sugar, loose leaf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Loads of milk and sugar. I've had people complain I ruin tea by doing it, but it's not them that's drinking it. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Lyons Tea (never Barry's). Very strong, with no sugar and just a drop of milk. Accompanied by some biscuits or cake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Strong with one sugar. No milk. Milk is for people who don't like tea.

Oh, and Barry's Gold. The best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

I am a tea-aholic! I easily go through 15+ cups a day.... I go through 160 tea bags in just over a week!
    If it's in someone's house and they have Barry's/Lyons- I wouldn't touch it, I bring my own teabags because if it's Barry's or Lyons, I need about 3 tea bags in the mug just to be able to drink it!
    Ive been drinking tea since 1 year old, and am very fussy, drinking it for 20 years!!! And I won't touch the cup if it has slimline milk - it's ruins it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Not a big tea drinker, but I do like a fresh cup of nane limon tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Don't drink much tea.

Coffee - any kind that is brewed rather than instant. But instant if there is nothing else. Splash of milk, no sugar except on special occasions, then it is brown sugar.

• Advertisement

Usually don't care, I'm not fussy.

There are days when I want a nice one though. Il use a Barrys Gold Blend tea bag, splash of milk to colour it just right. Then add 2 sugars, stiring 15 times clockwise and 8 anti-clockwise.

Toast on the other hand, if you hand me toast that's not cut into a triangle, il cut you up real good and post you through a letter box. Toast is sacred.

We have to get married.

Barrys Gold Blend, preferably brewed in a teapot, minimal milk, one sugar. In the largest vessel that would be socially acceptable to be seen drinking from, please. Add toast lightly browned both sides and spread with room temp butter, and I'm basically in heaven.

Tea and toast is a little gift from the food gods to humanity to help us get through out tough days, in combination it's right up there with the best of the mood enhancing drugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

With cheese

biko wrote: »
    With cheese

Do you dunk the cheese into the tea or bite off a chunk and wash it down with a mouthful of tea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No, when I saw the title of the thread I decided that was going to be my response regardless of what thread was about.
    I think I may given a proper answer in one of the 50-11 previous threads on this very topic.

Whatever tea floats yer boat, go for it.

Surprised at the number of posters who take sugar. Don't ye all know that is the food of the divil now lol.

But work away, each to their own.

I likes my tea a lot though.

It can be very addictive though. My lovely mother had a stroke some time back, and she was going mad in the hospital. She couldn't talk, so no one knew what was going on. Anyway, I happened to say to a nurse that she usually drank tea about ten times a day.

Short and swift, they got her a cup of tea with thickener in it, because she couldn't swallow well. And within a half an hour she was calm and rested. Needless to say they kept it topped up! She is good again now, within reason thanks be.

Just goes to show!

Fair enough,but we could be on to something here.

Anyone willing to give it a go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Barry's tea bag, a drop of milk and three tesco sweeteners

lukesmom wrote: »
    Barry's tea bag, a drop of milk and three tesco sweeteners

I remember giving up sugar for lent about a million years ago. In both tea and coffee and on cereal.

So, someone asked me a while back "what are ya doing for Lent"

My answer was "I should use sugar again"......! That would really do my head in now. Totally different taste. Strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Lyons Blend Gold Reserve. Only the best here. No squeezing the tea bag! >_<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Mines a coffee.

Big shpoon of Nescafe Azera Americano, one sugar and milk. Never had a cup of tea in my life, haven't a clue what it tastes like and I don't plan to try it once I have coffee.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Emsloe

Camomile please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Black, no milk, no sugar. I don't give a shlte about the brand, don't care if it's bag or leaf.

Sometimes I like a green tea or a Rooiboos, always have a 20 box of something in the press.

I gave up milk and sugar for Lent when I was about 13 and never went back, don't like the taste of milk in tea but I'll drink it if I'm given it.

Used to spend a lot of time in Morocco and the mint tea there is the worlds best, gives you a great kick during the day with all the sugar in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

Nice cup of Barry's or Lyons. Tried teabags from Lidl and they were muck.

No sugar but plenty milk, love my milky tea! With a goldgrain digestive... Please :p

I've a strange thing to complain about..

I don't really drink coffee. I might have one a week. I used to take one spoon of coffee and one sugar.

I realised I didn't like sugar in it as it made the coffee taste bitter and left me with a sour aftertaste in my mouth.
    So then I stopped putting sugar in.

But now there's no flavour off the coffee and I still get that bitter aftertaste.
    Anyone else have this complaint?

Or am I really just a fussyonion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭as_mo_bhosca

I like my coffee like I like my women....

Ground up and in the freezer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Tea bags make ****e tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Señor Fancy Pants

Candie wrote: »
    We have to get married./quote]

Oh you'd like that wouldntcha, wouldntcha?!

Fine then, let's do it. Il make you tea afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

Two bags in the cup, left for brew for five minutes and then mashed against the side of the cup to extract every bit of tar flavour. Dash of milk. Manly tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Quite strong with a good splop of milk. If you put sugar in it, or a spoon which has touched sugar, I will cut you.

kylith wrote: »
    Quite strong with a good splop of milk. If you put sugar in it, or a spoon which has touched sugar, I will cut you.

My new favourite word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Since I don't drink tea or coffee can I have a hot chocolate instead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Yester

Black coffee with a big spoon of Nutella.

Autosport wrote: »
    Since I don't drink tea or coffee can I have a hot chocolate instead :D

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

fussyonion wrote: »
    No.

You're definitely a fussy onion :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I give - whats this thread about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

fussyonion wrote: »
    My new favourite word.

It's the sound the milk makes when you put it in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Lyons or Earl Grey tea
    One sugar or honey for earl grey
    Then the hot water with a small drop of skim milk.

Advertisement