Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

I just don't give a ****. Does anyone else just not give a ****?

• 08-10-2019 4:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭

Climate change? Don't give a ****
    50c extra for fags? Don't give a ****
    Some young autistic girl sails around the world in a boat? Don't give a ****
    Brexit? Don't give a ****
    Some pseudo celebrity is angry about some **** or other on Twitter? Guess what, don't give a **** about that either.
    Religion? Not a single gram of **** given.

There are so many people who care so much about all of the above as if it's the most important thing in the whole world but honestly I just don't give a **** about any of it. I know I probably should but I just don't. I feel completely unaffected by all the bull****. Anyone else feel the same?

Btw, I could write a full short novel on all the things I don't give a **** about.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

But you care enough to put up the post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

But you care enough to put up the post!

Not particularly, I just don't have anything else more pressing to attend to right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Do you have time to talk about Jesus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Looks like your all out of ****s ... although the irony is strong in your post. Listing things you don't care about when obviously you've given some thought to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

There are yet higher states of consciousness for you to evolve towards.

Where you don't give a fcuk that you don't give a fcuk. Won't even cross your
    mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Are you looking for some sort of feedback to boost your ego further?

GBX wrote: »
    Looks like your all out of ****s ... although the irony is strong in your post. Listing things you don't care about when obviously you've given some thought to them.

Nah, it was just in my head at the time how little I care about stuff that seems like the be all and end all to some people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

I can’t control these things so I don’t bother worrying. It’d be great if the human race wasn’t a race to burn all the resources and fill all the landfills but it is.

Nobody will be happy to hear me say it and nobody will give it any weight of importance if I do.

So long as the wages are in the bank every week couldn’t give a fiddlers.

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Are you looking for some sort of feedback to boost your ego further?

From my post you have deduced I have an ego? Wowza, you should be charging for that kind of psyche analysis

BDI wrote: »
    I can’t control these things so I don’t bother worrying. It’d be great if the human race wasn’t a race to burn all the resources and fill all the landfills but it is.

Nobody will be happy to hear me say it and nobody will give it any weight of importance if I do.

So long as the wages are in the bank every week couldn’t give a fiddlers.

This is exactly it, why do people stress and moan about stuff they can't control. It's pointless and a complete waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,253 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's easy to not give a **** about stuff OP. Giving a **** actually takes effort.

Gerry G wrote: »
    From my post you have deduced I have an ego? Wowza, you should be charging for that kind of psyche analysis

A massive one :D Mr. Chilled!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,376 ✭✭✭facehugger99

It looks like you may have come down with a severe case of Edgelord.

Take 2 paracetamol, have an early night and you should be grand in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

I Like Cake

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

yea i actually get ya...

Social Media is a constant stream of depressing information that's got very little to do with your daily tasks.

Although some of them are terrible and will affect long term, You get blasted so constantly with pure muck that its hard to give a ****.

I read the Op's sh*the and replied. Now I don't give a xxxx about the thread so I'll go back to what I was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

My left ball has been extremely itchy all day. Don’t know why.

Naggdefy wrote: »
    I read the Op's sh*the and replied. Now I don't give a xxxx about the thread so I'll go back to what I was doing.

I breathe a sigh of relief, you sound way too edgy to be involved in this conversation.

My left ball has been extremely itchy all day. Don’t know why.

There's a lotion for that. Works too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

This is exactly it, why do people stress and moan about stuff they can't control. It's pointless and a complete waste of time.

Complaining is an national sport here. AH would be all tumbleweed if everyone was happy the whole time & not allowed to moan about something.

Like most people, I care about some of the things listed in the OP, though it doesn't mean I spend a great deal of time thinking about them. I do what I can about the important things (like recycle, and go to a great deal of trouble to vote against Brexit, ignore Twitter/gossip), but if I can't do anything practical I don't waste too much time fretting. I'd say most people are the same and if they can do something, then that's what they do to a lesser or greater extent.

When it comes to celebrity culture or religion, most people don't engage if they don't want to. It doesn't take any effort at all to ignore something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

The truth is... no one gives a f*ck.
    People only care about themselves and those closest to them. Their own problems. But a lot of people won't admit that.

You're seen as a "wan*er" if you say you don't care about your man begging down the road. Yet... so many walk past him every date with the head down.

The truth is... no one gives a f*ck.
    People only care about themselves and those closest to them. Their own problems. But a lot of people won't admit that.

You're seen as a "wan*er" if you say you don't care about your man begging down the road. Yet... so many walk past him every date with the head down.

And the people who bleat the loudest about caring about every little thing are generally the ones who care the least and contribute nothing to solving the problem at hand. We're a selfish bunch really but I don't mind admitting it. I see all these folk around the globe protesting about this that and everything and I just wonder to myself, why bother. Go enjoy your life for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

Have to agree with the OP, over the last few years I have become extremely apathetic to everything in that list. I simply don’t care. I have my own set of problems to worry about and they are the most important to me, I literally couldn’t care less about climate, “the homeless”, or brexit or anything else happening right now if I tried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭shygal

if you understood these problems better and their impact on not only yourself but others, perhaps you would have a different view on caring.

shygal wrote: »
    if you understood these problems better and their impact on not only yourself but others, perhaps you would have a different view on caring.

Nope I still wouldn’t, no time for the problems of the world when I have my own life and problems to focus on.

shygal wrote: »

Nope, I understand just fine and still don't care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

You have to see the humour in it OP e.g. people getting worked up with strong opinions on American politics with so little link to that place and its people. They'll never even clap eyes on Donald Trump, ever.

It's absurd and hilarious. It is simply canteen conversation common ground for people who have damn all in common in life bar being hired by the same HR girl.

No actual ****s required when you see the funny side of it.

topper75 wrote: »
    You have to see the humour in it OP e.g. people getting worked up with strong opinions on American politics with so little link to that place and its people. They'll never even clap eyes on Donald Trump, ever.

It's absurd and hilarious. It is simply canteen conversation common ground for people who have damn all in common in life bar being hired by the same HR girl.

No actual ****s required when you see the funny side of it.

That's a decent outlook, I like it and do find it funny at times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

The OP is honest and I tend to share his views.
    A lot of people swear blood oaths in support the fashionable topics but will do flip all about it.

All I know is Id kill you all for a Ford Mustang and a bungalow near Lough Corrib.

Extinction rebellion?? Anyone? Nope, don't give a **** about those lads either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I admit that I’ve disengaged a bit from worrying about society at large. I just don’t have the headspace for it. It’s too overwhelming.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 391 ✭✭Professor Genius

Some pseudo celebrity is angry about some **** or other on Twitter? Guess what, don't give a **** about that either.

There are so many people who care so much about all of the above as if it's the most important thing in the whole world but honestly I just don't give a **** about any of it. I know I probably should but I just don't. I feel completely unaffected by all the bull****. Anyone else feel the same?

Btw, I could write a full short novel on all the things I don't give a **** about.....

Give up the fapping for a couple of weeks. See if you care then ! Might refocus you a bit.....

It's the greatest destreesor of them all =)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Nope, I understand just fine and still don't care

I feel sorry for people like you. And even more so for the people around you, family, friends. People who want to see you in a positive light. Perhaps you have family who have kids. Would you tell them and their kids that you don't give a toss about them and their future? You probably won't, unless its a tongue in cheek comment down the pub in-between comments around how important it is for [insert whatever football team you support here] to get 3 points on Sunday.

Its cowardly and weak minded to say you don't give a toss about anything. Have you every given anything beyond social requirements to anyone in life outside of family? You probably have an excuse for not giving to charity or not giving money to homeless people on the street. But the excuses have run thin so now you are just throwing out blanket "I just don't care" excuses.

I'm not judging though OP. You can exercise free will, yay.

I used to work with a guy, shrewd business man, sat the same attitude as you. He developed cancer later in life and thankfully survived. It changed him. Not the cancer bit, but the fact that so many people in his life rallied around him to show him support, showed that even though he was an asshole, people still cared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Lady doth protest too much

faceman wrote: »
    I feel sorry for people like you. And even more so for the people around you, family, friends. People who want to see you in a positive light. Perhaps you have family who have kids. Would you tell them and their kids that you don't give a toss about them and their future? You probably won't, unless its a tongue in cheek comment down the pub in-between comments around how important it is for [insert whatever football team you support here] to get 3 points on Sunday.

Its cowardly and weak minded to say you don't give a toss about anything. Have you every given anything beyond social requirements to anyone in life outside of family? You probably have an excuse for not giving to charity or not giving money to homeless people on the street. But the excuses have run thin so now you are just throwing out blanket "I just don't care" excuses.

I used to work with a guy, shrewd business man, sat the same attitude as you. He developed cancer later in life and thankfully survived. It changed him. Not the cancer bit, but the fact that so many people in his life rallied around him to show him support, showed that even though he was an asshole, people still cared.

Your post completely depends on whether OP is an asshole to those around him. Can you not just accept there are some people who couldn’t care less for society wide issues? Doesn’t mean they are bad people at all, they just have priorities and crying over every injustice in the world isn’t part of them

I love my extended family and kids, but do I care what happens the world or the climate when I’m gone? Nope because I’ll be dead and unable to feel or think. Do I care about the war in x and y? Nope, because it won’t pay the bills on my shoulders or help my grandfather survive another 3 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,617 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

As a family do what we can for climate and biodiversity but we have real lives to live right now. It’s important to me to spend as much family time as possible and that is where the majority of my focus is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Excuse me Mr. Moderator but just to point out that you are being a dick. That is against the rules, kindly refrain from doing so again if you can. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Was just thinking of that song as I read the thread title there weird kismet or what. 25 years since their last record :eek:

Don’t try and tell me they still exist. I care, why wouldn’t you care it’s the height of ignorance. Packet of baccy is high enough as it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,628 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Fair play to you OP. Well done.

Though I must say you sound awfully boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Guy Person wrote: »
    Excuse me Mr. Moderator but just to point out that you are being a dick. That is against the rules, kindly refrain from doing so again if you can. Thank you.

Mod

If you have an issue with a post/poster, please use the report function, do not call out on thread.

I'm finding hard to find a point to your rant Mod. I am extremely caring to all my family and friends because they are what's important to me. No, I never give to a homeless person because I know they are going to drink it, snort it or inject. Now of course you'll tell me I'm wrong but everyone else knows I'm right. If I give something to them they'll just be waiting there for more the next day. You can't try to make me feel bad about it but guess what?? Yep, I don't give a ****

Arghus wrote: »
    Fair play to you OP. Well done.

Though I must say you sound awfully boring.

Maybe I am but I'm not gonna make stuff up or talk about topical things I don't care about just to make me sound less of a bore. I'll leave that to the rest of the current crop of worriers and moaners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

I find it funny the way the OP says he doesn’t give a **** about the problems of the “world” and “society’s problems”, as if he is not a Part of this world, and this society.

Don’t give a **** about climate change? = don’t give a **** about my children’s future prospects.
    Don’t give a **** about homeless, they’re all junkies!! - are they? Was that lady caught singing on the subway recently a junkie or an alcoholic?? No, just someone down on their luck, who just by chance came across a police officer who heard her singing, recorded it, and now she has been offered a recording contract.

Imagine she had of came across someone like you that night OP, she just be another piece of dirt for you to not give a **** about.

It’s people like you with your narrow minded view of the world that are holding back society.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Privileged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I find it funny the way the OP says he doesn’t give a **** about the problems of the “world” and “society’s problems”, as if he is not a Part of this world, and this society.

Don’t give a **** about climate change? = don’t give a **** about my children’s future prospects.
    Don’t give a **** about homeless, they’re all junkies!! - are they? Was that lady caught singing on the subway recently a junkie or an alcoholic?? No, just someone down on their luck, who just by chance came across a police officer who heard her singing, recorded it, and now she has been offered a recording contract.

Imagine she had of came across someone like you that night OP, she just be another piece of dirt for you to not give a **** about.

It’s people like you with your narrow minded view of the world that are holding back society.

And not a hint of irony.

You make good points but I simply can't bring myself to care about them I'm afraid, maybe that makes me a horrible person but need I say it again? I simply don't care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    Privileged.

Rhinoceros.

Are we playing a game in which we just say random words for no reason? I like it!