Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband.

Options
  • 05-10-2019 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Have my broadband with Vodafone just that i don't need anything else, it was increased this month by 9.03 euro, anyone else with them and did they increase yours? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

decky1 wrote: »
    Have my broadband with Vodafone just that i don't need anything else, it was increased this month by 9.03 euro, anyone else with them and did they increase yours? :confused:

You can leave if changes are made.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

iU7uy1q.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Just signed up to Vodafone at €25 pm for 6 months for phone and fibre.
    Not too shabby.

Was with Sky for tv 19 years and Sky broadband since they started here but they wouldn't play ball.

Will keep changing providers if need be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Go cheap with THREE. For €20 a month, no contract, you can abuse their unlimited connection at 4G speeds (up to 50mb, I typically average 20mb), sticking the SIM card into an LTE router.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Just signed up to Vodafone at €25 pm for 6 months for phone and fibre.
    Not too shabby.

Was with Sky for tv 19 years and Sky broadband since they started here but they wouldn't play ball.

Will keep changing providers if need be.

Fibre for €25... :o

I swapped from THREE to Imagine recently for €60/m getting up to 150mb speeds.

Wish I could get fibre, but I live out in the sticks. Irony having a core fibre cable running outside my house along the road that I have no access to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

The wholesale price of certain connections went up recently, I think by about a fiver, so that could be vodafone passing the cost on to their customers. My husband works for an internet provider and was telling me something about it recently but I only ever half listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

They are always at this sh1t, all the operators do it. You stay on the old tariff and then you get a "free" add on that's due to eventually become a paid add on and at the same time a discount you got when you signed up is about to expire so at any one time they try to keep most customers on an upward trajectory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

I'm in Dublin city centre south and I just use Three all you can eat data. It's good enough for my purposes.

I wouldn't bother with Broadband to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Fibre for €25... :o

I swapped from THREE to Imagine recently for €60/m getting up to 150mb speeds.

Wish I could get fibre, but I live out in the sticks. Irony having a core fibre cable running outside my house along the road that I have no access to.

Yeah,well they call it Fibre but it's not really.It's still the old eircon copper line with a Fibre link at the top of my road.Get about 50mb,it's ok.

Advertisement