Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

we've gone full Inception now, RE: rape

• 16-06-2017 2:36am

I know that it is happening that women are falsely accusing men of rape. This is abhorrent and needs dealing with by the law.

Now I know someone who had completely consensual sex with a man, and this man's brother said "she said it was rape". I know for a fact she did not. Nor did the man in question. But the brother has decided to spread this all over social media, "Mary says John raped her!"

Mary is getting so many sympathetic messages saying "You were raped!" and John is getting so many messages saying "You didn't rape her, don't allow her to say so"'. They are both confused because they had consensual sex once and that was that.

Mary and John are very confused. Mary is now being accused of making up rape allegations against John. She never said anything of the sort. Her and John are still friends. But the allegations stick to both John and Mary.

I wish this was a hypothetical scenario but it isn't. This girl is being accused of making a false rape charge; and because rape has been mentioned, a label sticks to John.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Shes already been through so much with Frank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

What's the question caller?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I'll stick this poker up your arse!

Stop yer moaning and get them feckin' crunchies out of the car.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Funny you make this thread just now, I came across this story yesterday

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4601950/Woman-rape-sex-assault-claims-against-15-men.html

Basically she made false claims against 15 men and one of them ended up serving seven years in prison :eek:

Just looking at her I don't think even Larry Murphy would go near her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

It sounds to me like you have a bunch of attention seeking friends?

Easy solution to this - delete facebook. No friends = no drama. Works for me.

I don't really get the point of your post, to be fair. 2 people shag consensually, both agree it was consensual..... surely all "Mary" has to tweet or post is "Umm, nobody raped me you bunch of gossiping weirdos".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,635 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

So, in this case, the woman didn't make the accusation?

Her brother did? His brother did? Are they all related? Maybe they should be more worried about that...

What's your point exactly caller?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I know that it is happening that women are falsely accusing men of rape. This is abhorrent and needs dealing with by the law.

Now I know someone who had completely consensual sex with a man, and this man's brother said "she said it was rape". I know for a fact she did not. Nor did the man in question. But the brother has decided to spread this all over social media, "Mary says John raped her!"

Mary is getting so many sympathetic messages saying "You were raped!" and John is getting so many messages saying "You didn't rape her, don't allow her to say so"'. They are both confused because they had consensual sex once and that was that.

Mary and John are very confused. Mary is now being accused of making up rape allegations against John. She never said anything of the sort. Her and John are still friends. But the allegations stick to both John and Mary.

I wish this was a hypothetical scenario but it isn't. This girl is being accused of making a false rape charge; and because rape has been mentioned, a label sticks to John.

You go to a solicitor and do them for slander and in the process teach the moron that posting crap online can get you in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Maybe our collective responsibility is to encourage the growth of a culture which tells online gossips and speculators from either camp to stfu until the courts return a verdict.

'Proof or gtfo' should be the house special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

You go to a solicitor and do them for slander and in the process teach the moron that posting crap online can get you in trouble.

The brother of the guy involved isn't saying Mary is raped but that Mary claims she was raped. (I suppose offline). Certainly something should done there.

FB is a curse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

The brother of the guy involved isn't saying Mary is raped but that Mary claims she was raped. (I suppose offline). Certainly something should done there.

FB is a curse.

Why deosnt she come out and say she never claimed that?

This guy sounds like an idiot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

myshirt wrote: »
    I'll stick this poker up your arse!

Stop yer moaning and get them feckin' crunchies out of the car.

You mean the Feedback approach :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Funny you make this thread just now, I came across this story yesterday

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4601950/Woman-rape-sex-assault-claims-against-15-men.html

Basically she made false claims against 15 men and one of them ended up serving seven years in prison :eek:

Just looking at her I don't think even Larry Murphy would go near her.

Bad enough being falsely accused of sexual molestation...but to be accused of molesting that :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭koumi

FB is a curse.
    I imagine in a couple of generations anthropologists and sociologists will be studying the fb era as the beginning of the end of civilization.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,666 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

john needs to create a distraction and get a rumor out that this brother is a pedo, reap the whirlwind and all that

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

silverharp wrote: »
    john needs to create a distraction and get a rumor out that this brother is a pedo, reap the whirlwind and all that

Jaysus, bit extreme. Gotta be another way. Accusing someone of pedophila has got to be worse than murder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Such drama. Tell both Mary and John to create a post the stop the rumours.

Mary: Rumours about John are untrue
    John: please see Mary's post, lies are being spread about me.

End Drama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,666 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Jaysus, bit extreme. Gotta be another way. Accusing someone of pedophila has got to be worse than murder.

possibly but false rape is near the end of the scale anyway, I'd be feeling fairly boxed in myself if it was me. he'd have one chance to listen to reason then anything is fair game after which doesn't involve breaking the law.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

So why can't they simply say that the brother is a bellend who inexplicably made a bizarre untrue claim?

End of story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Isnt this easily solved by them both just saying everything is untrue?

John: Mary did not make a false rape allegation against me

Mary: I wasn't raped and never accused John

and then never speaking to the brother again.

Seriously, this can only be happening if John and Mary are letting it happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Ah, shure everyone's accusing people these days. Just say you think he's Anthony Luckwill moved into the area recently and you'll have a mob in no time…

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/second-innocent-man-wrongly-identified-as-paedophile-anthony-luckwill-35830280.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Why would she be keeping silent while her consensual partner is being labelled a rapist?

This is outside the pale of normal human behaviour so I think I'll call BS on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭valoren

The **** stirrer here is the man's idiotic brother.

I assume both John and Mary here agree it was consensual and he is creating a toxic drama which directly impacts both his brother and Mary.

If it were me, i would be contacting a solicitor for advice re slander and defamation.
    Accusing someone of claiming rape is a very serious matter and this moronic clown should have known better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 118 ✭✭Resist ZOG

John should lawyer up and take the accusers to court. Could be a big payday in this.

Op tell John to take screenshots of the rape accusations immediately.

If this has gone all Inception, then does this mean that all of this is taking part in an Asian man's head?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

If this has gone all Inception, then does this mean that all of this is taking part in an Asian man's head?

Is Cillian Murphy Asian?

Is Cillian Murphy Asian?

The Asian guy is, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

The moral of this story is that if you're going to have sex make a Facebook live video of it and tag your brother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

PARlance wrote: »
    Such drama. Tell both Mary and John to create a post the stop the rumours.

Mary: Rumours about John are untrue
    John: please see Mary's post, lies are being spread about me.

End Drama.

+ 1
    It's called communicating with words, that's what we used to do in the old times. Sorted a lot of problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Was there not a legal precedent set in the Ann v Barry case in the early 80's?

• Advertisement

Nowhere in this post did Facebook get mentioned, why is everyone thinking Facebook is the problem?

Social media does not equal Facebook!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,211 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Full inception?

More like full retard.

Never go full retard

Full inception?

More like full retard.

Never go full retard

Easy.

Advertisement