If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

65"+ TV with built in tuner for Saorview & Freesat

Options
  • 16-10-2019 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭

Am looking to get a 65"+ TV with built in tuner for Saorview & Freesat. 
    Bluetooth sound & Android OS would be a bonus too if possible but not a deal breaker. Nothing specific needed beyond that other than good spec @ good value :)
    Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,146 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

mag wrote: »
    Am looking to get a 65"+ TV with built in tuner for Saorview & Freesat. 
    Bluetooth sound & Android OS would be a bonus too if possible but not a deal breaker. Nothing specific needed beyond that other than good spec @ good value :)
    Thanks
    Hi Mag.

Do you have as set budget?

To get Android OS you need to go for a Sony 8 series or higher.
    Starting point would be the 65XG8196 priced at £1049 - Currently has voucher RSTV125 against it dropping the price to £924
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204031-sony-bravia-kd65xg8196bu-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Sony also have the award winning 65XF9005 coming in at £1399 (Limited Stock) - Currently has voucher RSTV125 against it dropping the price to £1274.00
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203178-sony-kd65xf9005-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

hi kenny

thanks for the reply & suggestions.
    main reason im looking at android is to have kodi built in, as i use it quite a lot in our current setup.
    however i was reading up on the sonys and there seems to be mixed reviews on the playstore integration and useability of the android OS.
    would you be able to advise based on your experience here?

android OS isnt a dealbreaker, i can just link the tv up to a firestick or whatever...

lets say for €800-900ish, what would be the best bang for buck in 65" inc saorview/satellite tuner.

some that i have seen on your site and would appreciate your view on -

samsung UE70RU7020
    hisense 65B7500
    lg 65UM7660PLA / 65UM7400PLB
    philips 65PUS6554

or any others that fit the bill.

thanks

hi kenny

thanks for the reply & suggestions.
    main reason im looking at android is to have kodi built in, as i use it quite a lot in our current setup.
    however i was reading up on the sonys and there seems to be mixed reviews on the playstore integration and useability of the android OS.
    would you be able to advise based on your experience here?

android OS isnt a dealbreaker, i can just link the tv up to a firestick or whatever...

lets say for €800 ballpark , what would be the best bang for buck in 65" inc saorview/satellite tuner.

thanks
    Hi Mag.

We have several Sonys on display here at the store and have no real issue with the playstore.
    It not as comprehensive as the tablet or phone version but that to be expected for a TV.

You could check out 65UM7400 coming in at 799 euro - Has soarview and free to air satellite tuner built in.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204099-lg-65um7400plb-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Samsung UE65RU7400 also coming in at 899 euro - Has soarview and free to air satellite tuner built in.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203885-samsung-ue65ru7400-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-tvplus.aspx

Philips 65PUS6554 priced at 799 euro - Has soarview and free to air satellite tuner built in.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204208-philips-65pus6754-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Philips 65PUS6754 - Ambi Light - priced at 879 euro - Has soarview and free to air satellite tuner built in.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204208-philips-65pus6754-65-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Let me know if any of these might catch your eye.

thanks kenny, ill have a look at those.

whats yr view on the samsung UE70RU7020 ?

thanks kenny, ill have a look at those.

whats yr view on the samsung UE70RU7020 ?
    Hey Mag.

The 7020 is also a decent set but it doesn't have a satellite tuner on board.

• Advertisement

thanks again kenny

of those you listed above and also considering the hisense 65B7500

what would be your recommendation?

thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

thanks again kenny

of those you listed above and also considering the hisense 65B7500

what would be your recommendation?

thanks
    Hi mag,

Kenny is off today so I hope you don't mind me replying on his behalf.

My own personal preference would be the Philips 6754 as it uses a local dimming panel instead of an edge light so would be great for picture! We are currently out of stock of these at the moment and waiting for more to arrive.

The 8 series Sonys would definitely be at the top of the pile as Kenny says but these would be a bit further out of the budget.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

thanks David.

I sent you a PM, can you take a look?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

thanks David.

I sent you a PM, can you take a look?
    Hi mag,

Just dropped you a PM.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.