Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can site value be used towards deposit in mortgage?

Options
  • 23-05-2019 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi I have a site can this be used towards deposit value?
    and loan to value?
    It will be a self build on home farm site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

The amount you need to borrow as a proportion of the finished valuation (in this case, estimated) gives you your loan to value figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Hi I have a site can this be used towards deposit value? and loan to value? It will be a self build on home farm site.

The mortgage advisor in Ulsterbank told us that as we own our site outright that they will release 80% of the site value on day 1 of the build.

We need to show a history of savings, but no deposit as such because the site qualifies for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

The mortgage advisor in Ulsterbank told us that as we own our site outright that they will release 80% of the site value on day 1 of the build.

We need to show a history of savings, but no deposit as such because the site qualifies for this.

Thanks that's what I needed to know, I have a good history of savings but have invested this in shares that I do not want to sell for my deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭CoffeeBean2

A mate said BoI would not allow site value to come into it. He had enough cash to buy the site outright and only required a mortgage for the build. However the bank would only give 80% of whatever was needed (not the final value). So he ended up splitting that same amount across the site and the build.

Advertisement