Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Poem on 1980s Irish syllabus ?

Options
  • 25-02-2012 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

My brother (who lives abroad) is pondering about a poem which he recalls vaguely from around the 1987 (leaving cert or inter cert).

Here is how he describes it

"......which describes the poet's reflections on leaving his house for a walk in nature one rainy afternoon and later, on returning, sees his footprints in the mud left on his leaving the house earlier - finishing with his reflection: "Am I really the same person?".... I think it was written in the Irish language and I am having terrible difficulty finding it"

Anyone know which one it might be ?

--ifc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

Not much to work with! Does he at least remember the textbook that it was in? Judging by the nature of the poem, it looks to me like something either Seán Ó Ríordáin or Máirtín Ó Díreáin would have written. Ask him if either of those names ring a bell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Gaeilge72

Try this link here, it has past examination papers. Unfortunately it only goes back to 1995, but the poem might have appeared in these years also. The link might be a good start in looking for it anyway.. Hope it helps.

http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=en&sc=ep&ty=e

Advertisement