Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Extra ID checks in DUB today?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Flew back from Doncaster last night and there was nothing out of the ordiary, just the usual scan at the gate,

must say that part of the terminal that FlyBE use is so much easier than the ryanair trek from gates to passport control

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Are you considered in the State before you step off an aircraft?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭daheff

Bazzy wrote: »
    They weren't best please that my other half had not signed her passport.

Had this before with a seven year old.They made her sign the passport in front of them.

can't really see the point of it. what if the person cannot write (and there still are people out there who can't read or write)?

Also if I'm faking a passport with my picture, I'm going to be putting in a signature too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,034 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Signatures as a general rule I don't really get. In most cases where I have to sign something, the person on the other end has no way of verifying that the signature is mine or not. Especially ludicrous when you have online systems where you literally type your name as your signature. Seems to be literally just a box ticking exercise so the person on the other end can absolve themselves of some responsibility if a person comes along and fakes someone's identity.

Funnily enough, I know a guy who used to write "Ask me for photo ID" in the space for signature on his credit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Are you considered in the State before you step off an aircraft?

No, I seen a video on youtube before where your technically not in the country, Its like if you arrive and getting a flight onto America, You don't enter the country of ireland.

Going on the theme of the thread, Got off a FR flight from lanzarote yesterday and there was 2 customs officials at the gate coming of the cement into the main T1 building, Once they seen the harp on the passport they where happy.

Advertisement