Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Push Fit Connectors

Options
  • 17-10-2019 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I can't seem to find a 1/2 inch tap with push fit at both ends for 'qualplex' pipe.
    I can find the 3/4 one but not the 1/2 in tap - any idea's thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭65535

Yes !
    Brilliant - thanks, have checked stock also - will pick up a few - they are as rare as hen's teeth.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

65535 wrote: »
    Yes !
    Brilliant - thanks, have checked stock also - will pick up a few - they are as rare as hen's teeth.....!

They’re also shjte tbh so I wouldn’t go spending a fortune

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them, especially if being used indoors.

I have found that if they are labelled up as 1/2 inch and the pipe is 13mm then it can cause problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,908 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

These are rubbish. There is a good reason why this cack isn't sold at trade counters.

I've never had a problem with them.
    However they are single use, and you do have to put in the correct insert depending on the pipe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭disposableFish

The woodies own-brand/whatever it is stuff is terrible quality and should be avoided at all costs*.
    OP you can use regular compression fitting with qualpex, just get inserts. There's plenty of videos on youtube that'll show you how in no time.

*speaking of costs, it's mad expensive too. and yeah, check what the other poster said re: sizing - I don't think they're as bad as they were but woodies used to mostly sell uk sizes which might not be that obvious if you're not used to it.

Advertisement