Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Political Compass

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I am also absorbed by the masses

E01zseY.png

Here is one I did in 2009

pcgraphpng.php?ec=-5.00&soc=-5.54

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

newmug wrote: »
    Just added meself there. Shocked to see so many similar thinking people on it. I knew Boards attracted an alternative view than your average Irishman, but I didn't know just how close yiz all are together!

Define "average Irishman".

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Enjoys chips, doesn't like Irish Water, ambivalent about Gerry Adams, follows at least one ball sport that isn't golf, likes his mammy's cooking, believes pineapples are fine on pizzas and has a limited understanding of economics.

Not exactly the norm hereabouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

pcgraphpng.php?ec=0.00&soc=-3.18

Exactly 0 somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Seeing as this thread was bumped I did the test again. -4.12, -2.05. I had done it before and my position on the A&A chart was way off. ie. Numbers entered wrong. It shows me as extreme left authoritarian right where Stalin is in the example on the site when in fact I should be in the main grouping around Gandhi. How does one go about amending the chart. I'm nothing like Uncle Joe Godammit!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

More like Mickey Harte than Rory O'Neill.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Calibos wrote: »
    Seeing as this thread was bumped I did the test again. -4.12, -2.05. I had done it before and my position on the A&A chart was way off. ie. Numbers entered wrong. It shows me as extreme left authoritarian right where Stalin is in the example on the site when in fact I should be in the main grouping around Gandhi. How does one go about amending the chart. I'm nothing like Uncle Joe Godammit!! :D
    I think you can just remove yourself and then add yourself in again with the correct numbers.

I am 5.5/5.5. Stayed fairly stable on this over the years since it first appeared.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 23,684 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Some of those questions are blatantly loaded, but here's mine anyway -

5hFWBZ.jpg

Economic Left/Right: 3.50
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.62

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Some of those questions are blatantly loaded, but here's mine anyway -

5hFWBZ.jpg

Economic Left/Right: 3.50
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.62

Careful now. Do you not know that if you aren't the green square you aren't allowed to post in this forum?

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

newmug wrote: »
    More like Mickey Harte than Rory O'Neill.

So, someone who defends a borderline rapist?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

MrPudding wrote: »
    Careful now. Do you not know that if you aren't the green square you aren't allowed to post in this forum?

MrP

I think there's a loophole where he's (apologies if you're a Ms., Jack) allowed provided he buys the other posters a pack of jaffa cakes per diem.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,112 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Economic Left/Right: -3.0
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.15

Though I was not impressed by the ambiguity of some of the questions.

Anyway I am in there with the Boards masses.

Advertisement