Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning Russian in Russia, schools etc.

Options
  • 06-12-2018 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭

Would like to spend up to a month in Russia next summer, 2019. Not studying Russian at the moment so would be a beginner.
    So anybody spent a month in Russia or could link to some info on this.
    thanks

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Comments

I have spent six months learning it but I have never been there. Have you travelled there yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

Never got there, and is no longer on my bucket list. So no help to you.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Moscow or St Petersburg may work out expensive (in fact I found Russia generally to be more expensive than I anticipated).

A city like Odessa in Ukraine would be my pick. Russian is by far and away the language of the city (unlike Kiev or Lviv where Ukrainian is more prominent). On the Black Sea and beautiful in the summertime.

Minsk would be an option cost-wise as well, but not with the political situation at the moment.

Would love to do what you are doing and take a stab at learning Russian. Beautiful language and the most spoken on the continent. A lingua franca in all sorts of surprising places.

I thought I would never get through it but I'm starting to understand the alphabet and words better now.

Advertisement