Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stud Railing

• 19-04-2015 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭

Looking for any info on stud railings,how much per mt any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,483 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

High bike wrote: »
    Looking for any info on stud railings,how much per mt any ideas?

I think it's something mad like €100 a metre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

Reggie. wrote: »

Wouldn't like to have you fencing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭High bike

Ah jaysus Reggie what material are you using,I only want to put up a timber one:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

We priced it here and it was mad dear. Put up treated timber with four strands of strained bullwire instead.

Ah jaysus Reggie what material are you using,I only want to put up a timber one:D

I'm telling ya lads that's what the price is. It's stupid money. I was quoted 10000 for 100m about 3 yrs ago

• Advertisement

td5man wrote: »
    Wouldn't like to have you fencing for me.

Did ya ever price it yourself

Kovu wrote: »
    We priced it here and it was mad dear. Put up treated timber with four strands of strained bullwire instead.
    how much were you quoted Kovu,and what timber do you know?

Didnt price it yet,I'm nearly afraid to now:pac:

Didnt price it yet,I'm nearly afraid to now:pac:

Well be sitting down

Don't know if I still have the price per m to be honest, was before last Christmas when we got it. Prob a bit cheaper than usual too as uncle gave the quote. I'll ask him when I see him next but you may well have your own quote by then!

• Advertisement

Well be sitting down
    yeah sitting on the wallet:o

yeah sitting on the wallet:o

If ya could you would be better off doing it yourself

Don't know if I still have the price per m to be honest, was before last Christmas when we got it. Prob a bit cheaper than usual too as uncle gave the quote. I'll ask him when I see him next but you may well have your own quote by then!
    thanks for that,no harm to have something to compare it to anyway

If what your saying is right that's what I'll do,so much for taking it handy for a while after calving:eek:

thanks for that,no harm to have something to compare it to anyway

Just texted him :D

Was approx €5k for 95m with four horizontal rails & gate to match. Now as I said that's possibly family price.

Was approx €5k for 95m with four horizontal rails & gate to match. Now as I said that's possibly family price.

That's nearly €50 a metre. Wouldn't be bad

Bull wire a lot cheaper :D

thanks for that,have about 75mts to do looks like a bit of diy so:(

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭smokey-fitz

Done 30m of it last year, post 8ft apart 3 rails and it cost me around the 800ish mark. Got the timber myself and paid a lad to erect with a post driver.

3 post looks just as good imo and you will save a couple quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

thanks for that,have about 75mts to do looks like a bit of diy so:(

I know a man that'll quote ya for it

• Advertisement

Used to do fencing, can't remember prices though.

Depends on the ground you're working with you could spend 15-20 minutes putting up one post or you could drive 30-40 an hour.
    Easiest posts I've used had no point on them went in perfectly straight.

Got a quote today 1500e erected,6x3 uprights and 4x2 rails pressure treated,got the same price from a saw mill to collect and take away for the same timber

Got a quote today 1500e erected,6x3 uprights and 4x2 rails pressure treated,got the same price from a saw mill to collect and take away for the same timber

Not doing too bad so. Will ya DIY

Not doing too bad so. Will ya DIY
    goin to have a look at this guys work and if it's ok will prob get him,have enough to be at:D

goin to have a look at this guys work and if it's ok will prob get him,have enough to be at:D

Lazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭paddysdream

Can I fence for you please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That price is away with the fairy's to be fair.

Depends on what you are getting but as a rough guide,bearing in mind that with the demise of the celtic tiger post and rail jobs are very few and far between and haven't done one this 2 years apart from a bit for myself and that was lumped in with other stuff so no idea of material prices off the top of my head without looking at invoices;

4 rail post and rail(4x2 rails,6ft. 6x3 stakes and proper king posts) was about 18-20 per metre plus vat for tannilised timber and 25 or so plus vat for cresoted timber.Thats supply and erect on a pretty straightforward job without hanging fancy timber gates or a lot of turns or steps.
    All the extras cost money(time consuming)

Beware of people using 4x 1.5 rails(unless needing a savage bend in the fence) or 4x 2.5 stakes in 5 ft.Easy to price a little cheaper if using somewhat cheaper materials.They will work etc. but standard is using 4x2 rails and 6x3 stakes.

Biggest job is getting stakes drove straight and plumb at correct centre's and heights so as the finished job looks right.Nothing easier than banging up a few stakes,tacking on the rails and then realising it looks sh**e because it doesn't follow the fall of ground,out of line with background buildings etc,entrance looks off square.
    Not as simple as wire fencing because if done wrong looks rubbish and its nearly always by a roadside so public comment is to be expected!!!

Sure that wasn't for composite post and rail and not timber?

Love the way everyone is getting smart in here over this. Do you think I pulled this price out of my arse or something. That's what myself and others were quoted a few years ago.

Never said I got it done or anything else. So less of the stupid remarks

• Advertisement

Sure that wasn't for composite post and rail and not timber?

May well have been. Didn't hang around long after the quote

Can I fence for you please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That price is away with the fairy's to be fair.

Depends on what you are getting but as a rough guide,bearing in mind that with the demise of the celtic tiger post and rail jobs are very few and far between and haven't done one this 2 years apart from a bit for myself and that was lumped in with other stuff so no idea of material prices off the top of my head without looking at invoices;

4 rail post and rail(4x2 rails,6ft. 6x3 stakes and proper king posts) was about 18-20 per metre plus vat for tannilised timber and 25 or so plus vat for cresoted timber.Thats supply and erect on a pretty straightforward job without hanging fancy timber gates or a lot of turns or steps.
    All the extras cost money(time consuming)

Beware of people using 4x 1.5 rails(unless needing a savage bend in the fence) or 4x 2.5 stakes in 5 ft.Easy to price a little cheaper if using somewhat cheaper materials.They will work etc. but standard is using 4x2 rails and 6x3 stakes.

Biggest job is getting stakes drove straight and plumb at correct centre's and heights so as the finished job looks right.Nothing easier than banging up a few stakes,tacking on the rails and then realising it looks sh**e because it doesn't follow the fall of ground,out of line with background buildings etc,entrance looks off square.
    Not as simple as wire fencing because if done wrong looks rubbish and its nearly always by a roadside so public comment is to be expected!!!
    No extras in this job,its very straight forward so if you want to quote me a price work away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

May well have been. Didn't hang around long after the quote

to do a 5M (16ft ) section the materials from a certail company is €98

bit cheaper the further you go

to do a 5M (16ft ) section the materials from a certail company is €98

bit cheaper the further you go

What ya at later in the year with the hydraulic spoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

What ya at later in the year with the hydraulic spoon

this here. drop me a message and ill drop it up to you

Better to drive the posts and not concrete them in btw . they don't rot as quick in soil compared to concrete

this here. drop me a message and ill drop it up to you

Better to drive the posts and not concrete them in btw . they don't rot as quick in soil compared to concrete

If you have to concrete them in dig the hole and put a bit of stone in the bottom of it helps stop them rotting.

• Advertisement

No extras in this job,its very straight forward so if you want to quote me a price work away

Think you might be a bit far away and anyways at 1500 for 75m supplied and erected thats about the going rate I should think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭adne

Any one an idea of price of concrete posts with 3 timber rail is

You supply timber,tools and labour and hire of post driver I'll do it for €1000 and leave your place in ****e lol

I said wrote: »
    You supply timber,tools and labour and hire of post driver I'll do it for €1000 and leave your place in ****e lol
    Ah u wouldn't have time:D

Ah u wouldn't have time:D

Well I can make a start tomorrow and finish it by Xmas lol

• Advertisement

I said wrote: »
    Well I can make a start tomorrow and finish it by Xmas lol
    I thought you were tied up tomorrow:rolleyes: