Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming ChitChat Ploughs On To Five

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

Just wanted to thank all for the posts and PM's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,370 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Just wanted to thank all for the posts and PM's :)

Feeling better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

Reggie. wrote: »
    Feeling better

That was the only option!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

That was the only option!

When ya can't go any lower the only way is up. Keep positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Anyone see the republic of Telly's Ear to The Ground V Rare Breed? Funniest thing on TV in ages.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Anyone see the republic of Telly's Ear to The Ground V Rare Breed? Funniest thing on TV in ages.

Bernard :eek:

Hilarious though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Jesus but quiet sucklers are a comfort. Was just down checking them as one changed massively today, she was staring into the calving pen so opened the gate and she daddled in by herself. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,486 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

What a great day !!
    Wonderful to be out and about, no office today thank god.

I'm not fit for much work any more with my back but don't days like today just put a pep into your step !!

_Brian wrote: »
    What a great day !!

I'm not fit for much work any more with my back but don't days like today just put a pep into your step !!

True but I'm stuck inside all day. Yesterday evening was savage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

Kovu wrote: »
    Jesus but quiet sucklers are a comfort. Was just down checking them as one changed massively today, she was staring into the calving pen so opened the gate and she daddled in by herself. :D

Heifer I had calve yesterday - I picked up the calf in the field and walked up into the yard so I could get her to drink in the crush. Heifer followed me up nice and quiet. They aren't that many red limousins that you could do that to.;)

• Advertisement

**** it, this cow had a bag an hour ago and still no feet. I hope it's not a third section. Texted my favourite vet and he'll be here at 11, least that's some comfort, he's got a great way with cattle.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,143 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

_Brian wrote: »
    What a great day !!

yup slurry going out, ploughing being done letting a few stock out , happy days

whelan2 wrote: »
    yup slurry going out, ploughing being done letting a few stock out , happy days

Ground dry up much?

Ground dry up much?

Ye. Still a few sticky patches

whelan2 wrote: »
    Ye. Still a few sticky patches

Any bother up the hills

Any bother up the hills

Nope all good. Touch wood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Kovu wrote: »
    **** it, this cow had a bag an hour ago and still no feet. I hope it's not a third section. Texted my favourite vet and he'll be here at 11, least that's some comfort, he's got a great way with cattle.

Any news? Hope all go ok

Any news? Hope all go ok

Ya, handled her after that and the calves head was down between the knees. Straightened it out and we took it with a jack, vet didn't have much work to do as he arrived when we had all ready to go!
    Cow is for the road this year, didn't even try to push. Off that easy calving ch bull- Hitman something or other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Might be a godsend she didn't push,when the push like mad by the time you realise there's sumthing wrong like a head down it's often to late!

Yup I know that, I'd let her to herself for over an hour after straightening it and no go then either, but wasn't overly worried as I'd left the calf in the veil. Only broke it when I decided to intervene and use the jack.
    Anyway! Just had to change all my clothes as she had a field day cleaning me while I got the calf sucked :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

well hows the first week going at home Muckit?

We took our first little lad home Easter weekend. So he is just the 3 weeks now. Took him out to the calf shed today for a look. He seems less in love with the grape than I do .

Muckit wrote: »
    Well I have some good news for ye. I had a son born in the last few days. Mother and baby doing great. Bringing them home from hospital tomorrow :):)

And nobody better start pissing on my bonfire talking about night feeds and no sleep and all the negative crap, cos I don't wana here it!! :rolleyes: They're all healthy. Crying, dirty nappies and lack of sleep.... bring it on, nobody died from it yet or at least I must have missed the news that night when that story broke!!

We took our first little lad home Easter weekend. So he is just the 3 weeks now. Took him out to the calf shed today for a look. He seems less in love with the grape than I do .

Thankfully he looks more like his mother :P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,160 ✭✭✭✭Base price

The "ratty" noise in the kitchen the other night turns out to be a starling nesting in the outlet pipe of the extractor fan over the cooker :eek:
    The grill on the outside of the wall broke last year when some mysterious person kicked a football at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Base price wrote: »
    The "ratty" noise in the kitchen the other night turns out to be a starling nesting in the outlet pipe of the extractor fan over the cooker :eek:
    The grill on the outside of the wall broke last year when some mysterious person kicked a football at it.

Broke the same window 3 years in a row ...got easier to take our the broken one every year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

Today marks the 20th anniversary of the screening of the first episode of Father Ted on Chanel 4.
    I.M.O. it's one of the best (if not the best) comedy programmes ever on telly. There were so many great lines it's impossible to quote all here. 20 years on and I can still watch it and enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Thankfully he looks more like his mother :P :D

saw his pic on another site, good looking chap all right :)

congrats lakill

Today marks the 20th anniversary of the screening of the first episode of Father Ted on Chanel 4.
    I.M.O. it's one of the best (if not the best) comedy programmes ever on telly. There were so many great lines it's impossible to quote all here. 20 years on and I can still watch it and enjoy it.
    often wondered if there had been more episodes would they have been any better than the ones that were done iykwim

• Registered Users Posts: 11,160 ✭✭✭✭Base price

With you on that Daisy :).
    My sons, 21 and 19 yo's love it too and remember/quote more lines than I can remember. We always love to watch episodes of Fr. Ted no matter how often we have seen them before. Same goes for Tom & Gerry, Road Runner (ACME), Catch the Pigeon, Wind in the Willows etc...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Might be a godsend she didn't push,when the push like mad by the time you realise there's sumthing wrong like a head down it's often to late!

I've seen cows and plenty of sheep not push if the calf/ lamb is presented wrong, just had a ewe do it five minutes ago......just nature I guess

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement