Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farmers weight

• 19-04-2015 9:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭

Something a little less serious or more serious if there is a problem, do ye lose weight in the spring.the other day I was going to a funeral so I looked in the press for a "good"trouser the only one there I used to avoid as it was tightish fitting but low and behold it was hanging off me.is it just me or do ye seasonaly change weight.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I lost over a stone weight since calving began in February, I had to put a new notch in the belt :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,852 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Sam Kade wrote: »
    I lost over a stone weight since calving began in February, I had to put a new notch in the belt :)
    same here just under a stone, including 4lbs in 1 week in early march, now to keep it off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Count Mondego

My father used to lose 2 stone every spring, managing 30 dairy cows, 40 ewes and 60 drystock. He was always developing the farm with reclaiming and bulldozing land.

Myself, it changes seasonally alright, but always in the same direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭KCTK

Sam Kade wrote: »

Just over a stone here too, it's like we put on BCS with the cows in the winter and work it off our backs in the spring!! Lost almost 2 stone first spring I went dairying after coming out of full time office job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭onyerbikepat

I suppose we're like the cattle, we thrive better over the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Don't weigh myself too often, but had to punch a new hole in the belt (tighter!) the other day too. Would always lose weight in Spring. I reckon if I die of natural causes it will be in March.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Pub beside me in New Zealand used to do a weigh I'm before and after calving to see who lost the most!

Whatever about losing it I find I put on a side of weight doing the first cut silage, eat like a horse whenever it's given to you as god knows when the next feed is coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Yep lost over 1/2 stone here over the lambing season and didn't have it to lose either as the fella says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Feckthis

Have lost 10kg since the middle of February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Not much recently, when I was playing ball I lose 2st from Christmas till start of championship.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

I don't weigh myself, but am finding my trousers a bit looser these days all right.

I wouldn't normally notice too much, but like yourself OP - I had to put on the suit for a wedding a few weeks ago, and the trousers wasn't as 'snug' as it was at the wedding we had in September :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

Noticed that myself, the lambing diet as my wife calls it. Lose at least a stone every March and then it goes back on from September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

One of ye needs to market this as the 'Country Life Bikini Workout' where you take in lads & lassies to help out and they pay you for the privilege to do the work for you. You can spout on about healthy air and give them kale and porridge as well. Be a grand money earner for a month!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Usually put on a half stone over the winter and lose a stone in spring/summer.:D. Shure in no time they'll be nothing of me left. As told to me once by an elderly gentleman :D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Have some pity for those of us that are fat all year round :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Since the young fella was born have no time for porter the weight is falling off me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Opposite here. Can't keep into hIm.

'One bottle for you. One bottle (millar) for me. ' (joke) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Count Mondego

I said wrote: »
    Since the young fella was born have no time for porter the weight is falling off me

Really? when I get the young wans to bed I hide under the stairs and drink for an hour, sometimes have a good cry too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Reggie. wrote: »
    Have some pity for those of us that are fat all year round :o

Well you could make a start by "Gettin off that shaggin internet" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Sacrolyte wrote: »
    Well you could make a start by "Gettin off that shaggin internet" :)

I've my gym done today...have you :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

I go up and down about half a stone, raw eggs, protein shakes and all sorts when I did play sports and it wouldn't put a lb on me. Lucky in that sense that I never have to watch my weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

Never worried about my weight either even though I eat alot of the right stuff but also a hell of alot of rubbish too(fry for lunch).while waiting in doctors surgery one time I found out im actually obese according to the bmi but at 15 to 16 stone on a 34 trouser, I think im not doing too bad, its like a cow if theres a bit on her she can put up with abit of wrecking:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Reggie. wrote: »
    I've my gym done today...have you :D

I have. Natures gym. Tougher than any personal trainer. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Sacrolyte wrote: »
    I have. Natures gym. Tougher than any personal trainer. ;)

Functional Training is all the rage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

6ft and 80kg. If I was right busy for a few weeks I'd start shedding weight like a cow rearing twins eating nothing but rushes. Tis mostly muscle anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Grueller

6ft and 80kg. If I was right busy for a few weeks I'd start shedding weight like a cow rearing twins eating nothing but rushes. Tis mostly muscle anyway :D

You have no extra on you at that. I am 6'2" and weigh in at 81kg. I took up running when I left off the gaa at senior level, still pull on a jersey an odd time for the junior b but much rather get out for a 10-12 mile run than have some mullocker cut skin and hair off of me these days.
    I actually put on a little bit in the spring now because my weekly milage halves or worse with getting things set up for the summer. It comes back off then when things calm down in June-July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

keep going wrote: »
    Never worried about my weight either even though I eat alot of the right stuff but also a hell of alot of rubbish too(fry for lunch).while waiting in doctors surgery one time I found out im actually obese according to the bmi but at 15 to 16 stone on a 34 trouser, I think im not doing too bad, its like a cow if theres a bit on her she can put up with abit of wrecking:-)

The bmi scale is only a guide, it takes no consideration of muscle mass.

Not one for hoppin on the scale myself(maybe when weighing lambs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Grueller wrote: »
    You have no extra on you at that. I am 6'2" and weigh in at 81kg. I took up running when I left off the gaa at senior level, still pull on a jersey an odd time for the junior b but much rather get out for a 10-12 mile run than have some mullocker cut skin and hair off of me these days.
    I actually put on a little bit in the spring now because my weekly milage halves or worse with getting things set up for the summer. It comes back off then when things calm down in June-July.

Mullocker?

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Never had a problem with weigh have being 11 St for the last 5 or 6 yrs.was as low as 9 St when a gang of us lived together its was a party house we did nothing but drinking and bad food

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

naughto wrote: »
    Never had a problem with weigh have being 11 St for the last 5 or 6 yrs.was as low as 9 St when a gang of us lived together its was a party house we did nothing but drinking and bad food
    Are you a man or woman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Grueller

Mullocker?

:)

Mullocker = an unhandy hurler. Also known as a rooter, timber merchant, hatchet man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Put on 4 or 5 kgs after skiing afew weeks ago, which involved a ridiculous amount of eating (place we were staying in was help yourself for all meals ha), combined with not much running due to a knee injury! Back on the horse now, cut out a fair bit of sugar from the diet and thankfully lost the most of it, I don't need to be carrying that around an athletics track ha! So no, not much link here between the spring and weight ha! I'm on the go all year around in any case ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Grueller wrote: »
    Mullocker = an unhandy hurler. Also known as a rooter, timber merchant, hatchet man.

Or a sledger we used to call them around the southeast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Or a sledger we used to call them around the southeast!

Stop talking about me behind my back. It's some crack when you end up marking the other teams mullocker.

Advertisement