Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping in Achill

Options
  • 26-07-2020 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

I'm off to Achill in a few weeks and both sites are booked up. If I'm wild camping down by Keel or Keel or Dugort, what are the chances of me being asked to move on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

hairyslug wrote: »
    I'm off to Achill in a few weeks and both sites are booked up. If I'm wild camping down by Keel or Keel or Dugort, what are the chances of me being asked to move on.

Achill is a bit hit and miss with outsiders at the minute. Locals won't be shy about telling you to get out but those involved with tourism want you in.

I'm guessing you'll be car camping as opposed to wild camping so there's a good chance you'll be asked to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Achill is a bit hit and miss with outsiders at the minute. Locals won't be shy about telling you to get out but those involved with tourism want you in.

I'm guessing you'll be car camping as opposed to wild camping so there's a good chance you'll be asked to move on.

If there isn't a good hike to get to your camping spot it isn't wild? What is the definition?

You are right though with the hit and miss. All the islands are like that this year. Some residents absolutely jumping up and down to get tourists in and others who treat every outsider like a potential SuperSpreader(tm). Someone told me on Inis Oirr 95% of the people voted to keep the outsiders out. This would have been about a month and a half ago

Advertisement