Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas PAYG

Options
  • 24-01-2021 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to switch from Gas PAYE to bill.

Is there a charge to get this done and who do I contact to have it arranged? I top up with my card in a shop(Payzone) so I'm not sure if I am with a specific company.

Thank you in Advance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi jack in the box, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

A new meter will need to be fitted and a Gas Networks Ireland technician will need to visit the property to install the new meter. 

We are unable to speak for other providers, so you may need to check who your provider is. 

If you're an Electric Ireland customer, there is a charge of €199.13 for this meter exchange. You can call 1800 372 372 in order to arrange this if you're an existing customer with Electric Ireland. Alternatively, you can switch to Electric Ireland. You would need to wait until the switch has completed before you can get an appointment to remove the meter.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

Advertisement