Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Management company responsibility on drain pipes

Options
  • 13-11-2018 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello,

I own an apartment in Dublin city centre, where I live. The apartment is at the 3rd floor (of 4 floors) and one of the drain pipes of the building is adjacent to one of the corners of the apartment.

It is about 4 years now that periodically with heavy rains or snow the drain pipe leaks and cause water damage to the wall, to the point that I had to repaint or have the plaster redone 7 times in 4 years.

The management company doesn't take seriously the problem and their solution is mostly to clean the pipe from intrusions and not much more. There has been no action to find a permanent solution to the issue.

In your knowledge, would the management company have a legal obligation to conduce the necessary repairs so that this issue is solved? Is there a base to start a legal proceeding to oblige them to repair the drains and the roof? Would they have some accountability on the damage caused to the apartment?

Thanks and have a good day.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

The downpipe has caused damage to your property. Just cleaning is no good. The persistent problem needs fixing. Dont take anymore **** from them & start being a problem to them. Keep at them to repair not just clean. Why should someone elses problem be costing you money?

Advertisement