Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineer survey, issues with the house

Options
  • 15-11-2018 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Just got an engineer report today and looks like there is few issues with the property: in the Interior Surfaces (walls, floors and ceilings) damp was detected, there is issue with ventilation, there is damp on the chimney blockwork and the oil boiler is reaching its life expectancy.
    Not sure what to do now and what fixing costs should I take into consideration.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Did you have a conversation with your surveyor? did he provide levels of readings? what do they mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sylwia_bs

She was too busy to talk today , hopefully tomorrow.
    I am freaking out, because basically I am going for the property by myself, not sure exactly what to ask people for, trying to ask as much as possible , but its never ending.

was told that they do not perform levels of readings as such. Looks like there is a leak in the plumbing system, piping underground, blockwork wall between kitchen and living area is dump as well as the inside of front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Are they raised floors? As in can you pull up the floor boards and see the leak if you need to?
    Oil burner wouldn't be a big thing, could still be working, Oil leak under the house is a massive thing house might need to be demolished.

they are not raised floors.
    can anyone recommend a good plumber in Galway ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement