05-04-2021, 12:02   #16
speckle

This reminds me of a night in July when we visited Kilarney...all that weekend people in shorts and tshirts and suntan lotion it was so hot. We were on a campsite and that night the temperature dropped minus...I ended up using the hairdryer in the toilets to warm up my core temeperature and thankfully some nearby strangers in campervans started making hot drinks for people and locals drove home for extra blankets for others..Very weird and I also like winter camping so used to sustained cold weather so it was the extreme rapid drop that got me...even though I carry a hypo blanket!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-04-2021, 12:27   #17
Gaoth Laidir

Quote:
Originally Posted by speckle View Post
This reminds me of a night in July when we visited Kilarney...all that weekend people in shorts and tshirts and suntan lotion it was so hot. We were on a campsite and that night the temperature dropped minus...I ended up using the hairdryer in the toilets to warm up my core temeperature and thankfully some nearby strangers in campervans started making hot drinks for people and locals drove home for extra blankets for others..Very weird and I also like winter camping so used to sustained cold weather so it was the extreme rapid drop that got me...even though I carry a hypo blanket!
Remember, when you're camping you're down on the ground, so it's going to get a lot colder down there on a calm, clear night that a normal "air" temperature reading (from 1.5 m agl) will show, even in July. The difference can be several degrees.
(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion