Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ross O' Carroll Kelly

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Ooly wrote:
    hmmmmmm i thought that too when i read the first one about 3 years ago, i got sick of it less than half way thru but a few months later i started reading it again & i couldn't put it down..........Give it another try Giles :rolleyes:

Yeah think I will actually... I'm spending too much time on boards anyway and the book is literally only about 5ft away from me right now! ;)

/runs to get book!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

Gerry wrote:
    Does anyone know where "The Miseducation of Ross O' Carroll Kelly" can be bought? I can't find it anywhere.

Try www.obrien.ie - they're the publishers & might have some kicking around the place that you could buy

I used to date guys just like Ross in my single days, have all the books & almost cry with laughter every time I read them, and the columns in the Trib. The guy is a legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,149 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

babaduck wrote:
    I used to date guys just like Ross in my single days
    ROFL, how dumb were you?

Your name's not Sorcha is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

How do they pronounce Sorcha in D4?

In Galway, we always pronounced it 'Sir-uh-ka', but I've heard 'Soir-sha' before?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

Sleepy wrote:
    ROFL, how dumb were you?

Your name's not Sorcha is it?

Nah sweetie... I didn't marry him! Those guys kept me entertained during my single days in Kielys & Annabels till I hooked up with Mr. Duck

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

its pronounced SORE - KA

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

ionapaul wrote:
    .....but I've heard 'Soir-sha' before?
    That could be the other name, Saoirse, its the irish word for freedom (if ya really want to know)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

i love ross... :) ...sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gfarnan

What order do the books come in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Of all the threads you could of bumped, you had to choose this one :(

To answer the question,from first to last:
    The miseducation years - The Teenage Dirtbage years - The Orange Mocha Chip Frappuccino years and then PS I scored the BridesMaids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Yeah loike the book is all cool and the gang. Gotta give myself some cudos here, its probably loike some of my best work. Cant say i didnt get some help along the way, mostly from loike Fionn the steamer... Oh and btw its Sore - ka, dont worry i wouldnt be able to pronounce it properly if i couldnt read or loike write either! Rock Rules!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

There's a new book out soon, roysh?

Ross is a focking legend, and we're talking TOTALLY here. So is Christian, and Fionn (the sneaky focker), and even Oisinn. When Oisinn, like, went on Cilla Black and flashed his knob at Clur, I was like, in stitches, the funny fock. What makes the books for me, like, if this doesn't sound too gay, is that Ross isn't a complete orsehole. You can see that Christian and even, OH! MY! GOD! Sorcha (even though that girl is, like, SO! duhhhhhh!) mean a lot to him, even though he treats them like ****. He's a stor.

yeah there is a new book coming out, there was a free maybe 15 page extract of the book with the sunday telegraph or whichever one paul howard writes for, not sure when the full version is out...

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭namaimo

New book is called 'The curious incident of the dog in the nightdress' and its out on Nov 3rd... :D

namaimo wrote:
    New book is called 'The curious incident of the dog in the nightdress' and its out on Nov 3rd... :D
    That is loike so duh! focking retords!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Ok, so from what I gather its little more than an Irish Adrian Mole rip-off? No, ta...

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,710 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Ok, so from what I gather its little more than an Irish Adrian Mole rip-off? No, ta...

Adrian mole rip-off? As in a book that's written in the first-person?

That's around about where the similarities end.

Adrian Mole was a teenage anxt book, Ross O'C-K is anything but anxty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Im sick of reading about this posh southside twat,why cant we have a working class geezer (not a skanger) who has a column in a newspaper:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

jonny68 wrote:
    why cant we have a working class geezer (not a skanger) who has a column in a newspaper
    Kevin Myers?

Ah no, there's several similar style twats that write for the Sunday World, I believe...

Kevin Myers?

Ah no, there's several similar style twats that write for the Sunday World, I believe...

Never heard of the geezer don't read the Sunday World either what a rag

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,710 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

jonny68 wrote:
    Never heard of the geezer don't read the Sunday World either what a rag

Ye those rags with their Kevin Myers'(!) What poppycock!

I hasten to add that I wonder what rag you do read. Pray tell!

(Click here for: Kevin Myers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

Read "The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nightdress"...

hehe. hilarious.

jonny68 wrote:
    Im sick of reading about this posh southside twat,why cant we have a working class geezer (not a skanger) who has a column in a newspaper:confused:
    'Cos like, nobody would be interested?

AFFLUENCE!

kaids wrote:

AFFLUENCE!

Kudos

Ye those rags with their Kevin Myers'(!) What poppycock!

I hasten to add that I wonder what rag you do read. Pray tell!

(Click here for: Kevin Myers)

I would hardly classify the Irish Times as a rag now would you :rolleyes:

kaids wrote:

AFFLUENCE!

cos like :rolleyes: im sure there would be many people interested actually old chappy :p

jonny68 wrote:
    I would hardly classify the Irish Times as a rag now would you :rolleyes:

I hate saying this (boards clichés aren't my thing) but:

Sarcasm detectors not working today?

(!) is generally accepted to be indicative of sarcastic comments, but I've noticed people here using [/sarcasm]

maybe i should stick with that

jonny68 wrote:
    cos like :rolleyes: im sure there would be many people interested actually old chappy :p
    Yah but they'd be total AJHs, and we're talking TOTAL here.

THE POVERTY TRAP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

This thread is never gonna die is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

dragging up 6 month old threads makes baby jesus cry

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement