Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea queues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Any idea what the queues are like these days specifically for tomorrow Friday before lunch? Also same question for Decathlon...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Arrived at IKEA about 4pm on Tuesday, took about 50 mins to get in. Have to say ikea is now very pleasant to browse in with the way they are running it.

Afterwards drove over to Decathlon....walked straight in. Would have been about 6.45pm

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Toby22

Hi, I drove I to Ikea about 3pm on Tuesday and queue was huge, same for Decathlon. I didn’t wait so in fairness I don’t know how long it took to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

I got there a bit before 7pm on Monday and was in and out in just over an hour. The queue was long but it moves quickly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,343 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Anyone know how the kitchen design teams are fixed? The website says to turn up at the moment. Is there an extra wait when you get in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Anyone know who delivers IKEA parcels the €9.99 delivery orders.

It’s supposed to be delivered today but heard nothing. I thought An Post did it but the post has gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Anyone know how the kitchen design teams are fixed? The website says to turn up at the moment. Is there an extra wait when you get in?

No que inside for kitchens today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

It’s supposed to be delivered today but heard nothing. I thought An Post did it but the post has gone.

Dpd delivered for us in the last few weeks, doesn't seem to be An Post anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I had something from them delivered today by An Post. Got an email and a text with a tracking number telling me it would be delivered in 2 working days but it actually arrived in 1.

It was only a small box though, maybe they use couriers for the larger parcels and An Post for the small ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭thebiglad

2 recent orders for me were DPD.

You should have a tracking number, my 1st order with IKEA according to their website due on Wednesday - nothing delivered. Then Thursday AM I got a text and email from DPD to say they were delivering that day.

Hopefully you'll get a text in the morning but, its still a day wasted!

I complained to IKEA and didn't even get a response.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Little Miss Fairy

I was there on a weekday last week. Skipped breakfast thinking I’d have it in the restaurant. Arrived at 9:30. Restaurant closed (I should have known this). Queued for an hour & when I got in, the queue behind me was very long. When I was leaving after midday (with a rumbling tummy) the queue was even longer. Will have to head back in a few weeks but this time I’ll go earlier & eat breakfast. In fairness to IKEA, they were managing the queues very well and as shopping experiences go, it hasn’t put me off.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Early morning is the absolute dead worst time to go - the initial batch of people get let in and take minimum 20 mins before any start coming out again; realistically most are in longer. So the queue stops moving entirely.

Go in the afternoon if at all possible. Going earlier will be even worse unless you manage to get early enough to be in the initial batch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭0xzmro3n4y7lb5

Thanks all. Heard nothing but it was due today. About 5:55pm a text came through for a DPD delivery tomorrow it didn’t say ikea but I haven’t anything else ordered that I know of.

They don’t update the site or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Does anyone have any recent experience of ordering and collecting from Carrickmines?

Does anyone have any recent experience of ordering and collecting from Carrickmines?

Did it a few weeks back, you need to Q to get in to order what you want at the till (you can pretty much order anything, something you can't do online). Delivery is a flat rate of €15 and takes a few days.

They will text you when it's in, then you join the shorter Q at the right of the door. They will bring stuff out to you on a trolley.

On a side point, had to return something I bought in Ballymun, ikea ordered a replacement for delivery to Carrickmines without the €15 delivery charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Did it a few weeks back, you need to Q to get in to order what you want at the till (you can pretty much order anything, something you can't do online). Delivery is a flat rate of €15 and takes a few days.

They will text you when it's in, then you join the shorter Q at the right of the door. They will bring stuff out to you on a trolley.

On a side point, had to return something I bought in Ballymun, ikea ordered a replacement for delivery to Carrickmines without the €15 delivery charge.

Thanks. How long is a few days? I'm trying to time moving house with collecting the stuff because I'll have a van.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭perfectkama

Arrived ballymun 10am monday did a quick sortie massive crowds outside about 500 people left quite sharpish went homebase nearby will not be back till there is a vaccine and if stocks levels iffy go north probably quicker and with good sterling rate ex not meaning to sound impatient

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭perfectkama

Thanks. How long is a few days? I'm trying to time moving house with collecting the stuff because I'll have a van.
    Is that a camper van?

3 days it took for me but they won't guarantee a delivery day.

You don't have to collect it straight away though so maybe allow a full 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

Anyone know what the queues are like now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

billbond4 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the queues are like now?

Just under an hour at 3pm on Monday. Still lots of stuff out of stock though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭tscul32

About 7pm last Sunday zero queue. But that only left an hour before closing. We knew what we wanted and where it all was so wasn't a problem. Husband went back on Tuesday for one thing that wasn't in stock, around the same time, no real queue then either.

The restaurant opens 31 August!

Up until now its only been the bistro after you clear the checkouts.

Im thinking of getting there around there after 10 one mornings,what are queues like?

billbond4 wrote: »
    Im thinking of getting there around there after 10 one mornings,what are queues like?

Rubbish time. They allow the quota in at opening and then it's the guts of an hour before they start coming out so the queue is slowest moving as there isn't a constant flow of people coming out.

Cheers, will go a bit later then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭samo

I went this afternoon (Friday) and got there around 5pm and walked straight in, the restaurant is open now and booking a table no hassle for 5.15. Only thing is the market hall seems to have renovations and quite a lot of stuff not stocked and slightly longer queue at checkout!

When leaving around 6.30pm the queue was longer to get in.

Last point: maybe they 3rd time I’ve been since July and 2m rule seems to be gone as a lot of people really getting in your space.

Was there tonight at 7.20pm, got in by 7.30pm. Horrible experience, people were queuing on top of each other (thankfully not the couple behind me), groups of 6+. They let about 20 people in at a time and everyone piled on to the escalators. I've been twice before since they reopened and had plenty of space inside but tonight it was jammed. No social distancing, people without masks or not wearing them properly. Felt very unsafe so rushed through and got out asap. Experience was topped off by a very aggressive beggar in the car park.

Was in Belfast last week and a million times more pleasant. I know where I'll be going if I need to buy stuff again.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Caranica wrote: »
    Was there tonight at 7.20pm, got in by 7.30pm. Horrible experience, people were queuing on top of each other (thankfully not the couple behind me), groups of 6+. They let about 20 people in at a time and everyone piled on to the escalators. I've been twice before since they reopened and had plenty of space inside but tonight it was jammed. No social distancing, people without masks or not wearing them properly. Felt very unsafe so rushed through and got out asap. Experience was topped off by a very aggressive beggar in the car park.

Was in Belfast last week and a million times more pleasant. I know where I'll be going if I need to buy stuff again.

Blonde woman approaching cars and people walking in the carpark by any chance?
    If so I've reported her the last 3 times I've been there, but they don't seem to care.

• Advertisement

Shelli2 wrote: »
    Blonde woman approaching cars and people walking in the carpark by any chance?
    If so I've reported her the last 3 times I've been there, but they don't seem to care.

Yeah, I was in a fairly deserted part of the car park and felt very vulnerable. Passed a security guard as I was driving out and stopped and told him. He said he'd deal with it.

Advertisement