Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea queues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Went there this morning thinking there wouldn't be too big of a queue with the lockdown easing today. Ginormeous lines all through the car park. Figured I'd be waiting at least an hour so I turned around and left.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

I spent 1.5 hours in a queue on Friday to get in. Arrived there at 4pm day.

Then 2 hours Saturday morning to get in, arrived at 11am then. (Wish I was joking)

Mental inside, out of stock of a lot of things too. Would suggest giving it more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

seamusk84 wrote: »
    I spent 1.5 hours in a queue on Friday to get in. Arrived there at 4pm day.

Then 2 hours Saturday morning to get in, arrived at 11am then. (Wish I was joking)

Mental inside, out of stock of a lot of things too. Would suggest giving it more time.

Ordered online tonight. Figured the €10 delivery charge was worth the the hassle and stress of queuing for hours! Plus it saved me from extra impulse buys in the store!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

I’ve 8 things in my wish list. 6 can be bought online and 6 can be got in Dublin. So I have to do both if I want everything.

Think I’ll wait till September or maybe 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭buffin

Ordered a kitchen in store in March just before lockdown. Fair enough it wasn't delivered for a while. But they've been back doing larger deliveries since early May.

Since then 4 scheduled deliveries just didn't appear on the day. Finally a customer service person got me half of it delivered a week ago. Was meant to get more yesterday but it didn't appear.

Have been wasting hours of my days refreshing the website to request a callback from customer services.

Came on here to see if it would be better to try get to a store and pick the rest up myself. Guess not.

Anyways, just wanted to warn anyone counting on an online delivery. We're pretty much camping here using a bathroom for washing dishes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Cerco

Check on line before going out there:

"Live
    Less busy than usual"

Today (Wed) at 14.10.....courtesy of Google Maps .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,320 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Went there this morning thinking there wouldn't be too big of a queue with the lockdown easing today. Ginormeous lines all through the car park. Figured I'd be waiting at least an hour so I turned around and left.

One week later still as bad, easily the longest queues of the lockdown and I’ve been in some stinkers. When’s the best time to go to avoid? Early morning or late evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

One week later still as bad, easily the longest queues of the lockdown and I’ve been in some stinkers. When’s the best time to go to avoid? Early morning or late evening?

I went early morning last Wednesday. Got back in the car and left. Massive queue including families with 3 and 4 children.

And Google data is completely inaccurate regarding how busy it is.

Google data ‘As busy as it gets’. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

I've been looking to get a new desk chair from Ikea and have basically given up. When they are in stock they don't seem to last long and I'd be hours queuing if I did decide to try and go get one.

• Advertisement

What arrangements do they have for elderly customers? The only reason I need to go out there is because an uncle, nearly 70, wants a new wardrobe and a few other items. The cantankerous old git refuses to accept that anything on the website looks the same in real life so it's my job to bring him out there.

If they have clear special arrangements I'd take a run at it. And maybe leave him there 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

What arrangements do they have for elderly customers? The only reason I need to go out there is because an uncle, nearly 70, wants a new wardrobe and a few other items. The cantankerous old git refuses to accept that anything on the website looks the same in real life so it's my job to bring him out there.

If they have clear special arrangements I'd take a run at it. And maybe leave him there 😂

Priority queueing between ten and eleven.

dan1895 wrote: »
    Priority queueing between ten and eleven.

Thanks. How does that actually work in practice?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,155 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Thanks. How does that actually work in practice?

It’s a different queue to the rest (either side of the door)

Wife joined the main queue at 9.40 yesterday and was in by 10:20

They allowed the ‘priority’ queue in first at 10 am.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

nc6000 wrote: »
    I've been looking to get a new desk chair from Ikea and have basically given up. When they are in stock they don't seem to last long and I'd be hours queuing if I did decide to try and go get one.

I ordered a new office chair and carpet protector mat in Carrickmines (only 2 people in the Q), paid the €15 delivery fee and collected it 3 days later (no Q to collect).

The delivery charge covers as many items as you like AFAIK.

While not ideal at least you know you are going to get what you order. For some strange reason the website won't always allow you to order and get delivered certain items but inside Carrickmines you can.

Oh for the days when the big IKEA won't gave Qs :(

For some strange reason the website won't always allow you to order and get delivered certain items but inside Carrickmines you can.

Website orders are sent from the UK. in store orders are sent from Dublin

We ordered something in store yesterday and it arrived today. €34 for delivery as it didn't require a "picking fee" (ie it isn't on the shelves in the shop)

Told that online orders can take up to a week to fulfill so worth the hour or so

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

Dodge wrote: »
    Website orders are sent from the UK. in store orders are sent from Dublin

We ordered something in store yesterday and it arrived today. €34 for delivery as it didn't require a "picking fee" (ie it isn't on the shelves in the shop)

Told that online orders can take up to a week to fulfill so worth the hour or so

what is Ikea like inside? crazy busy or quiet? or in between??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

nc6000 wrote: »

Try Viking Direct? I've found them more reliable than Ikea and my chair came next day delivery even though they said they couldn't guarantee that during hte pandemic.

daheff wrote: »

Wasn't there yesterday but was in there about 10 days ago and thought it was "normal" enough. Wasn't packed but it wasn't empty either. Comfortable

So ‘Busy as it gets’ means a 90 minute queue.
    daheff wrote: »

As busy as usual. You can’t shortcut into the till area or go down the stairs by the restaurant, you have to go round the store for a bit before you can shortcut to the childrens section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,010 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

MOH wrote: »
    Try Viking Direct? I've found them more reliable than Ikea and my chair came next day delivery even though they said they couldn't guarantee that during hte pandemic.

I ordered a chair on 13 June. Still now received. Disaster upon disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I was up there a week or so ago, didn't realise there was a priority queue, am quite obviously very pregnant and nobody pointed it out to me.

We were lucky and queue took about 45 mins, but it was very uncomfortable standing for so long all the same.

When we exited we seen priority queue on opposite side of the door with zero people waiting.

Wish a staff member had pointed that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Shelli2 wrote: »
    I was up there a week or so ago, didn't realise there was a priority queue, am quite obviously very pregnant and nobody pointed it out to me.

We were lucky and queue took about 45 mins, but it was very uncomfortable standing for so long all the same.

When we exited we seen priority queue on opposite side of the door with zero people waiting.

Wish a staff member had pointed that out.

Why would they? It'd be a quick way for staff to get their head bitten off them by someone sensitive to being called vulnerable or elderly.

Why would they? It'd be a quick way for staff to get their head bitten off them by someone sensitive to being called vulnerable or elderly.

Tesco staff monitor the queue and offer priority to anyone they feel needs it, I don't see why IKEA couldn't just point out the priority queue.
    They have staff directing people in the car park to the queue end, surely they could even announce in general that the priority queue exists.
    There's not even any signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Shelli2 wrote: »
    Tesco staff monitor the queue and offer priority to anyone they feel needs it, I don't see why IKEA couldn't just point out the priority queue.
    They have staff directing people in the car park to the queue end, surely they could even announce in general that the priority queue exists.
    There's not even any signs.

What time were you there? Priority hours are only between 10 and 11.

I can understand you being frustrated but take it as a lesson learned, Ikea aren't at fault.

What time were you there? Priority hours are only between 10 and 11.

I can understand you being frustrated but take it as a lesson learned, Ikea aren't at fault.

That could explain it, it was the afternoon so that queue wouldn't have been operating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

How have the queues been lately? The chair I want is unexpectedly back in stock again - I'm thinking of popping in.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I was there about 7 days ago and it took an hour to get in at 10am start, I'm going again tomorrow evening so going to be interesting to see what the situation is.

Friend went about 4pm midweek and it only took 20 minutes to get in......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

if you are near Carrickmines, order your stuff in there for collection for a flat rate of €15, at least you'll know you'll get it what you ordered.

Note ordering online doesn't work the same way as stock is picked and shipped from the UK and they are struggling with volumes.

Advertisement