Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent in wicklow or waterford

Options
  • 31-12-2019 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Planning on moving to Wicklow or Waterford in the next few months
    Need a place to rent
    I would like a house with big enough car parking and a garden
    Ideally near a small town
    Would like to be near a beach or park to go walking
    I'm on benefits so I'll be getting an allowance, you will have to accept that
    I'd like to share with people but I get more money if I'm "living on my own"
    <SNIP>
    Price negotiable

Would really appreciate your reply's
    Thanks
    Gavin Moran

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

Welcome to A & P, please read the forum charter OP.

All offers by PM please folks.

Best of luck in your search.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 157 ✭✭FAMLEE

Planning on moving to Wicklow or Waterford in the next few months
    Need a place to rent
    I would like a house with big enough car parking and a garden
    Ideally near a small town
    Would like to be near a beach or park to go walking
    I'm on benefits so I'll be getting an allowance, you will have to accept that
    I'd like to share with people but I get more money if I'm "living on my own"
    <SNIP>
    Price negotiable

Would really appreciate your reply's
    Thanks
    Gavin Moran

Best of luck, you'll need it

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭93gavinmoran93

FAMLEE wrote: »
    Best of luck, you'll need it

Haha why's that?
    Hard to get accomodation?
    Feck all on daft or rent.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Haha why's that?
    Hard to get accomodation?
    Feck all on daft or rent.ie

Because your last line re sharing, but that you get more money if you "live on on your own", suggests you want to defraud the system.

Advice as you are on boards: this is illegal.

P.S: if you do this I hope you get caught

TheSheriff wrote: »
    Because your last line re sharing, but that you get more money if you "live on on your own", suggests you want to defraud the system.

Advice as you are on boards: this is illegal.

P.S: if you do this I hope you get caught

Feck off and be sound
    Believe it or not I want to come off social welfare and work, but accomodation is high in places of employment,
    I'm basically just saying that if they charge 50 euro they will get 50 euro. If they charge 70 euro they will get 70 euro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

If you want to live near a town, with access to the beach - it will cost. In Wicklow, you have Bray, Greystones, Wicklow and Arklow that fit that criteria. Arklow would be your best option, but even there is getting more expensive as thousands of people commute to Dublin every day.

I don't know much about the scene in Waterford, but Wicklow is basically an extension of Dublin these days, and prices and availability reflect that.

Why these 2 counties? Roscommon, Leitrim and Longford are very affordable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

well if you dont buy the bmw 5 series and then spray it a different color you might have more funds. But in all seriousness you are picking expensive counties, whats the scope like for others, surely more chances of apprenticeship somewhere and travel a bit further?

well if you dont buy the bmw 5 series and then spray it a different color you might have more funds. But in all seriousness you are picking expensive counties, whats the scope like for others, surely more chances of apprenticeship somewhere and travel a bit further?

Haha ya, no I won't be able to afford the bemer for another while;)
    Spray paint it light blue I think;)

Ya sound for the info, I just really want a town near the beach man so I can walk the dog, see I suffer from depression so the beach clears my head...

Is there good beaches and scenery in those locations?

I'm looking for somewhere similar to South Kerry, and sure that's the best in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Wicklow is expensive, everywhere with decent access to jobs comes with a premium.
    Since you drive look into West Wicklow, Baltinglass and surrounding areas. You have access to Carlow town and the Motorway down to Kilkenny.
    If sea is a crucial criteria, look into Wexford town and New Ross. Significantly cheaper and still in commuting distance to Waterford.

LirW wrote: »
    Wicklow is expensive, everywhere with decent access to jobs comes with a premium.
    Since you drive look into West Wicklow, Baltinglass and surrounding areas. You have access to Carlow town and the Motorway down to Kilkenny.
    If sea is a crucial criteria, look into Wexford town and New Ross. Significantly cheaper and still in commuting distance to Waterford.

Thanks for the information!

• Advertisement
Advertisement