Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dental plan

Options
  • 29-07-2020 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,. Got my reminder from the dentist for a check up and clean,. I checked to see the cost, with prsi it's 30€, they couldn't explain why it wasn't the normal 15€. Re: https://www.dentalcareireland.ie/prsi-dental-entitlements/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

horse7 wrote: »
    Hi guys,. Got my reminder from the dentist for a check up and clean,. I checked to see the cost, with prsi it's 30€, they couldn't explain why it wasn't the normal 15€. Re: https://www.dentalcareireland.ie/prsi-dental-entitlements/

There are two prices for a clean depending on what type is required. A scale and polish (€15) is just removal of staining/plaque on the crown surface of your teeth, a light clean if you like. If the Dentist/Hygienist has to remove plaque that extends under the gum into pockets between teeth, then they charge their private fee less the PRSI contribution, this will usually be more than €15 and depends on what each Clinic charges their private/non-PRSI patients. Some clinics also charge extra for numbing teeth as this takes longer and costs more than a scale and polish. Lastly, some clinics charge an extra fee now for PPE, this can range from €5 to €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭capnsparkles

Dental Benefit
    Under this scheme, the Department pays the full cost of an oral examination once a calendar year.

Since 28 October 2017, a payment of €42 towards either a scale and polish or - if clinically necessary - periodontal treatment, is also available once a calendar year. If the cost of either cleaning or periodontal treatment is more than €42, you must pay the balance - capped at €15 for a scale and polish. There is no cap on the balance charged for periodontal treatment.

I think they need to explain about the €30.

Advertisement