Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsolicited private message

Options
  • 24-07-2020 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi I received an unsolicited explicit private message and sure what to do with it can you advise please
    Thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,710 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Thank you for reporting this. We are aware of a high volume of spam PMs to members tonight and will be working on removing them.

A few thousand bot accounts were active tonight and have been dealt with between Ronan in HQ who's doing trojan work and me.

It looks like there will be very few further PMs of this nature but in the even that you do get one, please report the PM and then delete it. Reporting PMs is done on the main site by pressing the report.gif button, as with posts.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi abellew,

Thanks for highlighting this and sorry for the disruption.

If you (or others reading the thread) have received a NSFW spam message, please report it as hullaballoo has pointed out. Do not click on any links contained within, and delete the PM once you've reported it.

Edit: If you have a notification that you have a new Private Message, but there's nothing in your inbox, send a message to yourself and open it; that should clear up that notification.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭skaface

Hi, sorry if I'm in the wrong thread.
    I also received an email saying that I received a PM, but I am unable to open, any help would be appreciated

Boards.ie Employee

Hi skaface,

If you're trying to access the PM via the link in your email, it means that the message has been nuked and is no longer available.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭skaface

Hi skaface,

If you're trying to access the PM via the link in your email, it means that the message has been nuked and is no longer available.

OK, thank you.
    It's just annoying to see that you have 1 new PM every time I open up Boards

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

If you send yourself a message and open that message, it should clear up that notification. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

If you send yourself a message and open that message, it should clear up that notification. Hope that helps.

This worked for me, thanks Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

I sent myself a PM, and it's cleared the notification, but my mailbox still shows that I have one mail stored.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement