Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAI Diploma in Corporate Finance

Options
  • 13-04-2021 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Has anyone completed this Diploma? I’m looking at a career change and was wondering if anyone was able to shed any light on workload etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Has anyone completed this Diploma? I’m looking at a career change and was wondering if anyone was able to shed any light on workload etc

It think was 6 weekends, 5hrs Friday afternoon-eve/Sat morning-afternoon, with two? assignments (it's been a few years and I forget exactly) and an exam, very doable, learned some interesting stuff, decent lecturers back then anyway (also remember some nice scones back when you went to lectures in person :D).

If you listen to/attend the lecturers, set aside a bit of time for each assignment (maybe a weekend?), and do past papers as exam prep (I took a couple of days the week before the exam to do this) I think it seemed fine. I had a full time job and a normal life going on while doing it. Work gave me the 6 Friday afternoons off which helped nicely.

I haven't made huge use of it to change my career or anything, but found it good in improving my knowledge in certain areas. My employer paid so not sure I would have forked out the money personally, given I was really there for interest, CV building and CPD box ticking, not looking to use it as a spring board for a new career. A lot of the others I met were there looking to branch out into other areas, but unfortunately I have not kept in touch myself to say whether it helped them move roles.

If you have the cash, need the CPD and are interested it is not a bad option, but can't say how valued it will be by a prospective employer.

Advertisement