Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to sell small number of AIB shares

Options
  • 13-04-2021 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

I have small number of AIB shares, 10 which I have physical share cert. I want to crystalise losses to offset against capital gain that i will make later this year but how do i sell the shares.

I have a degiro account, but dont know if computershare can transfer the shares digitally for me to sell, not worried if it will cost say €50 as the tax saved on realising tbe losses be worth it, but dont really want to open account with Davys/Goodbodies as am sure would cost a lot if not going to be used afterwards.

Anyone give advice on how or where to sell, as its a pity Govt didnt allow the cost of the shares to be assumed to be lost, or even 99% of it as thats what happened and worse when 250 shares became 1 new one.

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I have 2 AIB shares from when 250 become 1. Surely AIB/the State will buy back all these tiny holdings at some point? There must be thousands of shareholders with a dozen or less shares in AIB. I get an annual report posted out annually along with the proxy vote form. Crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

It might be worth putting a call into Goodbody, to see if there's any goodwill there, given they are now owned by AIB (again :))

Thanks,

G.

Advertisement