Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Travel system suggestion

• 05-03-2021 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi,
    I hope everyone is keeping well in these trying times.
    My wife is due shortly and we are looking into buying a travel system (pram, stroller, car seat) that would suit our lifestyle.
    We live in the city in a not huge house.
    We walk on footpath, forest fire roads which are chipped, parks etc. Really love being away from the city. That is a big point. We would plan on going abroad to Spain etc in future yet that may not really matter in current environment.
    So looking for a brand that can handle the outdoors, doesn’t neat an extra large boot (hatchback car and dog!) and also doesnt cost a fortune like the uppababy and icamdy which seem really really pricy to me.
    Does anyone who has a lifestyle similar to us come across a good system?
    All help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Clashmore

https://www.samueljohnston.com/en/iCandy-Orange-Essential-Travel-and-Nursery-Bundle-2/m-5583.aspx
    Depending on your budget you could try something like in the link above

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Out and About Nipper Single?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I would second the out n about. I have the double and it’s great for off road.
    My second suggestion would be something like this https://uppababy.com/ie/minu/
    I also have this, and it’s a great little pushchair. I know it’s expensive, but I bought mine half price, you might be lucky enough to hit on a bargain too. Would be super handy for travel, and if your house has limited space. You could also invest in a good carrier for the countryside, if the footpaths aren’t good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Another vote for out n about nipper in single. Ticks all your boxes. Or a city jogger.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

An Uppababy Cruz is also a good suggestion.It is between the Vista and the Minu,size-wise and pricewise.We have a Vista, friends have a Cruz.It is a really neat little buggy and I will say that we have found Uppababy to be brilliant in general quality-wise.Wheels are perfect for all surfaces, and not inflatable, so no punctures.Ours has been used and abused through 3 kids over 7 years now, and is still going.The basket on the bottom is fantastic, best I have found.

We had an out and about double also, a very good buggy.Their nipper is a slightly neater version of their single.

Get to a shop and try them if you can.I think I have seen the likes of Tony Kealys do appointments, but you could check that out maybe??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,642 ✭✭✭✭fits

OutnAbout is a super buggy. Not sure what it’s like for infants or with car seats. but we used ours from 6 months to 3.5 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

fits wrote: »
    OutnAbout is a super buggy. Not sure what it’s like for infants or with car seats. but we used ours from 6 months to 3.5 years.

I used mine (double) from birth when I had a newborn and toddler. It lies flat and is perfect. You can’t clip the car seat onto the double, but can on the single, and you can get a carrycot for it either, though I didn’t bother, it didn’t look that big. If you’re expecting a big baby it might not be worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭kyomi

We got a travel system from Uberchild (now Infababy) and we were really happy with it. It was great value at around €300 for the whole travel system (this was on sale in 2017, not sure how much they cost now but they're still very good value) and it was very sturdy and reliable. The pram/buggy was used for daily long walks around mucky trails in the park and coped really well - after three years of use it was still sturdy, with no trace of a wobble. The car seat was great too. The buggy/pram bit detaches from the frame for folding, and the whole lot was easy to fit in the boot of our car.

I had many friends who had Uppababy and Bugaboo models and I never noticed any particular disadvantages to my much cheaper version. In fact it was lighter than the Bugaboo and a bit more manoueverable.

I also used an Out'n'About Nipper for jogging with, and we did love it - but if you're buying a separate car seat and carrycot attachment, you're not looking at much of a saving compared to Uppababy/Bugaboo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

We have uppababy Cruz and vista. The Cruz is a lovely buggy, light and reliable. The vista is a monster compared to it and can be a bit of a pain in tight spaces. The vista can take 2 seats/basinettes so depends on what ur planning on in the future. There are loads second hand however look for 2016+ models as the older ones are not compatible with the newer add ons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Damien360

I’m a few years out of this scene but happened to see you plan on buying a travel system and travelling. Don’t bring your travel system on holidays to Spain. Airplane holds and travel systems don’t go well together.

By all means buy a travel system for out and about. You will be stunned how quickly the child grows out of this. Buy them second hand. They hold amazing value and we sold them on for close to their value it was bought for once my wife got bored of one, which she did a lot. Light weight on the front matters when trying to get over paths. The best we had in my opinion is a Bugaboo. Costs an arm and a leg but it’s lightweight which is very important. Centre of gravity is towards its rear. Test with the child in the thing. Folds easy too. Lovely engineering if that’s your thing...it’s mine. And sells easily when your finished with it.

For airports, buy a cheap MacClaren. It takes an absolute hammering and keeps going. Sold in Smyth’s last time I looked. We gave ours to an in law and she moved it on to another. The thing lasted 10 years of different families and many airports. Indestructible.

Finally, best of luck. Don’t panic, and keep calm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

i've got the Uppabay Cruz. I chose it as I thought the vista was too big.
    I've a friend who went for the Vista, and after folding it down, she still has to take the wheels off to fit in the boot of her Auris.

Advertisement