Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Axion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Link. I presume folks have read this.

Yeah. The lad responsible for injecting the malicious code was named within 24 hours. Rock n Block who were the third party dev team involved with the launch have put their hands up to it being someone who worked for them. What he done was so obvious (in an after the fact manner) that people can't understand why a hacker would do something with almost a 200% chance of being caught, for such a relitively small sum of money. Unsupported rumours of a pay off from a rival project (cough, cought, Richard Heart) to get him to do it.

Certik are working closely with the Axion devs all this week with the relaunch as an extra insurance that everything is done 100% straight this time.

The attached post from Richard Heart, the night before the Infura server went down (which went down at almost the exact planned launch time of Axion yesterday) has also added to the rumours of some external meddling to prevent Axion launching their mainnet.

All rumour and conspiracy but who doesn't enjoy a little of that :D

We are looking good to go. This is the latest update from the founder/lead dev.

Candidly, every single prior launch day, I've felt incredibly nervous.

But today, with seeing everything happening in the community dev channel, with all the testing coming back great, and all the code already deployed and staged, I am feeling incredibly confident and optimistic.
    We are in VERY good hands, and we are damn near ready to go

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Whelo79 wrote: »
    We are looking good to go. This is the latest update from the founder/lead dev.

Candidly, every single prior launch day, I've felt incredibly nervous.

But today, with seeing everything happening in the community dev channel, with all the testing coming back great, and all the code already deployed and staged, I am feeling incredibly confident and optimistic.
    We are in VERY good hands, and we are damn near ready to go

What is the name of the lead dev? can't find him

Axion of now live.

Converting HEX3T to AXN is A THREE STEP PROCESS, THREE TRANSACTIONS https://stake.axion.network/claim

1. Approval
    Once approval TX processes you get the deposit TX that pops up automatically
    2. Confirm Deposit TX
    3. Swap

Once the third and final TX completes (Swap) you have successfully converted HEX3T to AXN and should see it in your wallet, if you don't see AXN in your wallet at this point, add the AXN Contract Address to your token list.

AXN Contract:
    0x7d85e23014f84e6e21d5663acd8751bef3562352 (edited

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AngryLoner

Great stuff.

Man, WHELO, you must be relieved... whatever about my 1eth, I was sick that I thought you'd lost a bundle.

AngryLoner wrote: »
    Great stuff.

Man, WHELO, you must be relieved... whatever about my 1eth, I was sick that I thought you'd lost a bundle.

Yeah there's a bit of relief here alright. It's nice to see my portfolio balance jump back up considerably :D

I'm going to place a few stakes of varying lengths (I'm thinking 1 year, 2 years and 5 years) and keep about 30% liquid to sell on any big jumps in price.

If it goes half as well as I think it will I'll be very happy.

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Yeah there's a bit of relief here alright. It's nice to see my portfolio balance jump back up considerably :D

I'm going to place a few stakes of varying lengths (I'm thinking 1 year, 2 years and 5 years) and keep about 30% liquid to sell on any big jumps in price.

If it goes half as well as I think it will I'll be very happy.

Where are you following the prices by the way?

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Where are you following the prices by the way?

Dextools or on Uniswap

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Tango One

It rising quite nicely nearly back at post have level.

https://www.dextools.io/app/uniswap/pair-explorer/0x0d0f908ad29bd8a9f8d99533e3ad69e2e40f3094

Whelo put me on to dextool it very good for uniswap

• Advertisement

Tango One wrote: »
    It rising quite nicely nearly back at post have level.

https://www.dextools.io/app/uniswap/pair-explorer/0x0d0f908ad29bd8a9f8d99533e3ad69e2e40f3094

Whelo put me on to dextool it very good for uniswap

There will be plenty of ups and downs today. America is just waking up so there will be some more dumping going on for a few hours I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It seems a bit wobbly. I finally got my Hex to send. Took about an hour for the page to register it was sent. Now I'm stuck on the last bit. It says they AXN is available but when I hit swap and the dots appear for a few mins then nothing happens.

It seems a bit wobbly. I finally got my Hex to send. Took about an hour for the page to register it was sent. Now I'm stuck on the last bit. It says they AXN is available but when I hit swap and the dots appear for a few mins then nothing happens.

This video tutorial might make it easier
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FJVuloNUrA

This video tutorial might make it easier
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FJVuloNUrA

I'm at the 6.40 seconds mark in that video. He presses the Swap button and gets the pop up. When I click the swap button nothing happens.

Might have been under the gas limit. Topped up with another €3 and now it works. Slowly but I'm on to the last step, just waiting for it to land in my wallet now.

Seems to be holding up so far hopefully an upward trend.

You guys gonna stake yet?

Yeah will put 250k in each pot. Keep the rest liquid.

I just staked for BPD1 (350 days), BPD2 (700 days)and BPD5 (1750 days).

There is already 3.5billion AXN in the auction pool for tomorrow! 80% of the ETH used to buy the auction pool goes back into buying AXN from Uniswap.

How does it work with the "shares" you get for staking, where are they held and represented exactly?

• Advertisement

If anyone is thinking of buying through the daily auctions there is a referral programme in place. The purchaser gets an extra 10% and the owner of the referral code gets a bonus 20% of what the purchaser buys. Anything you buy from the auction is auto staked for 14 days.

I'd be very appreciative if anyone buying would use my referral: https://stake.axion.network/auction?ref=0x9dc74454b58afbd6036f58d74cc39c711b2eeaab

Current Uniswap price is 1ETH = 1,693,975 AXN
    Current Auction price is 1ETH = 2,033,484 AXN (plus additional 10% extra for using a referral).

How does it work with the "shares" you get for staking, where are they held and represented exactly?

It basically determines your payout at the end of the stake.

From the whitepaper:

Total Shares Issues = (Axion Staked * Bonus Multiplier) / Share Rate
    At the beginning of the platform, the Global Share is 1 and is designed to always increase.

Increasing Share Rate
    The idea of an always increasing Share Rate is to benefit the stakers which were early to stake their Axion. As the Share Rate increases, the shares issued decreases even if the staker is staking the same amount of Axion for the same duration. This is done to always make sure that the staker who staked early has better return then the staker who came late.

Calculation of the New Share Rate
    Every time a user ends their stake, they burn the shares they held. At this point, the platform runs an inverse share conversion function to calculate the new share rate. The platform uses the payout (principal +interest) received at the end of the stake, the duration of the stake and the number of shares destroyed as the stake ends, to compute the new share rate. The new
    share rate reflects the rate at which a user gets the same number of shares destroyed for staking all the Axion minted (post the end of the stake).

Calculation:
    Initially as stake begins: shares = (input Axion + bonuses(factoring input Axion, stake days)) / Share Rate.
    Inverse calculation after stake ends; New Share Rate = ((input Axion + payouts) + bonuses((factoring input Axion + payouts), stake days)) / shares destroyed

Result: If New Share Rate > Global Share Rate, New Share Rate will be used as Global Share Rate

Thus, if the New Share Rate is higher than the current global Share Rate, the global Share Rate is updated. If not, it remains the same.

Clever ****ing mechanism to keep people from selling and reducing price too much ;)

Clever ****ing mechanism to keep people from selling and reducing price too much ;)

Exactly. This, coupled with the auction buy back, is why I reckon the price on this one is only going in one direction long term.

They say it's 8% passive returns but in reality it will be way more than that. You are looking at about 20% minimum per year I reckon.

The additional BPD's should hopefully protect against any large scale sell offs after BPD1.

Do I need more ETH for gas for stalking?

Trying to deposit and nothing is happening again.

A small amount. Stop spending every penny, jesus :)

Every transaction charges gas. It was about $7 a transaction earlier when I was doing mine :(

Really nice touch from the Axion founder here. I don't hate much in life, but if there is one thing that really sickens me it is to see the destructive impact humans are having on the earth. This pledge is awesome.

@everyone

There’s something that I’ve never brought up to this community before. Now that everything is live and running smoothly, it’s time.

I am wildly passionate about reforestation, biodiversity, saving animals, and creating a healthy and thriving planet for future generations. When I see plastics, pollutants, and deforestation running rampant in our world, animals dying, and ecosystems going extinct, it pains me more than anything else.

Around the world, animals are helpless to the destructive effects of humanity. As a species, we have become the catalysts of mass-extinction, and it’s only going to get worse, unless we do something about it.

I believe that reforestation is the key. Creating an ecosystem, where animals are free to live without human interference not only benefits the animals, but the soil, the frequency of rainfall, and can absolutely transform the landscape. Humans rely on animals a lot more than we’d like to admit, it’s in our best interest. Deserts can be turned into lush forests, it just takes intentional effort.

All this said, I personally pledge that 1% of all ETH that goes into the auction will be donated to The Eden Reforestation Project, where $0.10 ensures that a tree is planted, and cared for until full maturity. In the process, this employs thousands of people living in poverty in developed nations, and gives them newfound hope in their lives. The Eden Reforestation Program is absolutely incredible.

This 1% does not affect anything involved in the Axion ecosystem, it is not part of the 80% for buybacks and staking, and it does not require anyone to donate, nor to have any opportunity-loss.

Just know that when you enter that auction, you are not only carving out a better future for yourself, but for the world around you as well.

I highly suggest giving this video a watch pray

https://youtu.be/goKinj8ya-E

https://edenprojects.org/

Some potential maths for this Fridays first big weekly auction and some numbers on the amount of AXN that has already been staked since launch.

@everyone

November 20th Auction Math

12.576 Billion AXN is already in the auction, and growing
    Current Auction Price 1.345 Million per ETH

The following numbers will use the current auction allocation, which is of course an under-estimation, as the auction is growing daily

Assuming the auction fills, (The next day after Hex BigPayDay):
    12.576 Billion AXN / 1.345 M per ETH = 9349 ETH
    80% for buybacks = 7479 ETH ($3,365,000) will be used as buy pressure

Currently, $12,250 moves the price 2%.
    $3.3M buy pressure / 12,200 = 551% increase

Of course, as the price increases, the liquidity depth increases as well, so it will be marginally less than 551% worth of buy pressure. This does not mean we will increase 551%, as there inevitably will be selling pressure as well, but paints a fairly good picture of what is en-route within the next few days.

In addition, $3.3M in AXN will be distributed proportionally to current AXN stakers.
    If there was ever a time to get in the staking portal, this is it.

Staking stats as of 24 hours ago:
    98.7 Billion out of 156 Billion AXN has already been staked.
    (Approximately $25M USD)

3.5 Billion Axion has been staked for 5555 days by 652 people
    (Approximately $0.9M USD)

In other news:
    -We have our youtuber and traditional media campaign kicking off VERY shortly as well, with some content and exposure scheduled to go live before the big auction on the 20th.

-Credit cards and mobile payment app integration also progressing very niceley

-Axion Mobile App and online stats dashboard are also underway.

- The community dev team has assembled and priorities of development are being delegated, so that we can continue to expand this ecosystems strength indefinitely.

• Advertisement

Can you unstake at any time whelo?

Advertisement