Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IVF Abroad

Options
  • 13-04-2020 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi,
    Myself & my husband have made the decision to give IVF a shot. We are ttc a long time now. We have looked into a clinic here in Ireland but I am after being pulled into looking at Gennet in Prague. Our preference is to stay at home due to work commitments, our son ( he is 14 ) but cost wise it is very appealing looking.
    Just looking for some advice, has anyone being there, was it successful for you, costs, and any advice you can give us.
    As I said our preference is to stay at home but when you look at the price comparison it is hugely different.
    Thanks so much for reading ❤❤

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Gennet in Prague, Serum in Athens and there's another place in either Madrid or Barcelona (can't remember the name of that one) that have very good reputations and that are popular with Irish couples who feel they've exhausted their options in Ireland.

I don't have first hand experience but from friends I know that a lot of the consults are done via video call and the actual travel side of things would usually be a long weekend that's easily disguised as a city break.

Anyone that I know who went abroad for treatment said that they wished they didn't waste their time and money with the Irish clinics for the first few rounds. They found the technology, efficiency and customer service to be better, plus they felt they got better value for money. But that's what I was told, like I say, I've no direct experience of it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Elaine22

Hi,

Gennet seems to be the one that is pulling at me alot. My DH is not very keen at going abroad, dosent want to know anything about it, but whereas me, I'm looking at the cost, the technology, success rates.

I've emailed them so, I'm hoping they will come back to me with some advice.

❤❤

Neyite wrote: »
    Gennet in Prague, Serum in Athens and there's another place in either Madrid or Barcelona (can't remember the name of that one) that have very good reputations and that are popular with Irish couples who feel they've exhausted their options in Ireland.

I don't have first hand experience but from friends I know that a lot of the consults are done via video call and the actual travel side of things would usually be a long weekend that's easily disguised as a city break.

Anyone that I know who went abroad for treatment said that they wished they didn't waste their time and money with the Irish clinics for the first few rounds. They found the technology, efficiency and customer service to be better, plus they felt they got better value for money. But that's what I was told, like I say, I've no direct experience of it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Fingersandtoes

Elaine22 wrote: »
    Hi,

Gennet seems to be the one that is pulling at me alot. My DH is not very keen at going abroad, dosent want to know anything about it, but whereas me, I'm looking at the cost, the technology, success rates.

I've emailed them so, I'm hoping they will come back to me with some advice.

❤❤

I'm with gennet and so far they have been wonderful. I made contact 12 months ago and have found them professional and prompt. They tell you in advance that they will prioritise people who are about to have egg transfer and so if its a random query it could be 2-3 days. Prague is an absolutely beautiful city to visit. Price wise we've saved a fortune. Feel free to ask any thing in detail you'd like answered. Best of luck. It's a tough journey

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Trans Ann

Elaine22 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Myself & my husband have made the decision to give IVF a shot. We are ttc a long time now. We have looked into a clinic here in Ireland but I am after being pulled into looking at Gennet in Prague. Our preference is to stay at home due to work commitments, our son ( he is 14 ) but cost wise it is very appealing looking.
    Just looking for some advice, has anyone being there, was it successful for you, costs, and any advice you can give us.
    As I said our preference is to stay at home but when you look at the price comparison it is hugely different.
    Thanks so much for reading ❤❤

My friend went two tears ago now she has a little girl. Altogether it cost 2,500 with egg donation. Literally that's all the costs.
    Gorgeous healthy little girl and my friend is in her 40s. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Magicmatilda

I'm just wondering with the situation with COVID in Czech his there anywhere people would recommend with lower COVID Rates, can't see Czech being open for some time....

• Advertisement
Advertisement